1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Locks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Warwind, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    For those of you who got wheel locks with your Prius, where did Toyota hide the key? It just occurred to me that I should have a key, and I don't seem to know where it is. I didn't lose it, I've never seen it.

I've looked in the glove box, the center console, and I've looked inside the hatch where the jack is, but no key. I'm planning to stop in at the dealer's on my way to work tonight to ask, but I thought maybe someone here might know where they put it.

Thanks!

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 16 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]350231[/snapback]</div>
    I could swear I found mine in the hatch somewhere. Maybe in the little cubby by the rear left wheel?

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Usually attached to your jack handle with a plastic "tie." I cut mine loose and keep it in the center console tray.

4. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I stopped at the dealer's on my way to work; it was in with the spare tire, all the way at the bottom.

Emergency averted. Please carry on. And thanks! :rolleyes:

5. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 16 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]350231[/snapback]</div>
    Wheel locks are added at either the port of entry or at the dealer. The key does not seem to be left in any "standard" place. Barb's 2005 had her's in the glovebox. My 2006 had it in the little compartment on the left side of the trunk. A friend had his in the lower trunk compartment above the spare tire well. All of these were from the same dealer, same port, and the latter two picked up on the same day.

Perhaps it is a game to force you to find all the various compartments "hidden" all over a Prius.

- Tom

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I simply ordered a spare. Still haven't found mine (but then, I haven't looked at the jack yet).

7. adamwmcanally

adamwmcanally New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 16 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]350657[/snapback]</div>
    My wife has a 2005 accord and she had a flat not too long ago, much to our dismay the wheels had the locks. Well, the key was no where to be found, and it being sunday took us forever to find someone at the dealership. Turns out they got the car off another Honda lot two states away, and did not have the key for the wheel nuts. So it sat in the driveway for two days with a flat, waiting on a key to arrive via fed-ex from the original dealership. They were nice enough to hand deliver the key and change the tire for free. So, lesson to be learned.... make sure you have they key before you get a flat!

A