1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel lug locks

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rodcma, Nov 18, 2005.

1. rodcma

rodcma Junior Member

Just before I signed the final contract for financing the salesman said that the 05 Prius I was buying came with wheel lug locks and that these would add $200 to the selling price. Does anyone know if these items were dealer installed or were they put on at the factory in Japan?

2. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

My dealer surprised me with carpet mats, said the car came to them with them. I said that wasn't the deal we agreed to, and they erased the cost. I still retained the mats, though. That's my only claim to paying less than MSRP... :)

As for who did it or why, I can't say...

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    mats come at port... i don't know where locking lugs come from. dealer or port is my guess. it should be on your window sticker when it comes in.

4. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

My mats were listed on my window sticker. Is that telling?

5. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    there's part of the sticker that will say [regional distributor] options (installed at port), and part that will say dealer-installed options, obviously installed at dealer.

my sticker says 'southeast toyota installed options: toyoguard, floormats' and their respective prices. nothing was installed at the dealer, so i don't have that on my sticker.

6. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Mine lists the mats right at the top with my NAV system. First line, base price. Second line, FE-50 State Emissions. Third line, BC-Package #6. Fourth line, CF-Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat.

Does that indicate it was done at the factory? There is no mention of 'regional distributor' or 'installed at port'...

7. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

My dealer was clear they were going to have some basics installed no matter what I was wanting (floor mats, bumper gaurd), but if they try to sell me $25 worth of locking lug nuts for $200 someone might get a swift kick in the butt. Wheel locks are listed with an MSRP of $59 on toyotas prius builder, I think they are just trying to get a little extra cash.

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    wayne- hmm, must be a southeast toyota thing then. all distributors do things differently. i don't know what to tell you there.

roach- well you know it costs the dealer $141 to take the lugs off and replace them with the locking ones :rolleyes:

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well I do not know who added the matts, but after waiting for 4 months I was not going to quibble on mats. I have them and they are under my custom plastic matts, and that is OK by me

10. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

LOL, I forgot about that special service fee... I needed that laugh thanks.