1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel offset question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by illprius, Jan 19, 2016.

1. illprius

illprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok I have searched and search but I'm trying to find out the lowest offset and widest wheels that will fit without spacers. Im looking to do GC sleeves so if I need to roll my fenders no biggie. So if anyone can answer my question or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

2. LamboGuy

LamboGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The limits are different at the front and rear, so if you want front and rear to be flush you need spacers.

My goal was to go as wide as possible at the front and leave the rear alone (I don't like spacers). I went with:
    17x7.5 ET 38 215/45-17 and there was just a slight rubbing at the front. Just removing one of the fender liner's bolts and slightly pushing the fender with my fingers was enough to fix this issue. If you are planning to use skinnier tires you could potentially get away with lower offset, but for "meaty" tires I wouldn't go lower (offset - meaning wheels to poke more).

I just edited to add a few photos showing the fitment:

[​IMG][​IMG]

#2 LamboGuy, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. illprius

illprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So Im looking at a 17x7.5 rim with a 44 offset but here is my question I need to run adapters to bolt these rims up because they are a 5x127 and the smallest adapters I have found are 15mm which would put my offset at 29. Will this even work or will it look stupid. Also planning to do ground control coilovers.