1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Paint?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RCE1, Feb 2, 2017.

1. RCE1

RCE1 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Managed to get a little curb rash on one of my rims. I have the 4 Touring with the black metal wheels and silver inserts. The rash is on the metal part. Seems like a semi gloss black, but I thought I'd see if there was a commonly available touch up paint I could brush on. Prefer not to spray in this case.

Thanks! It was a dark and stormy night and my backup camera was completely useless with all the water on the lens.

2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),24 Venza Limit,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Good luck as that stuff is baked on at the factory. Just any semi gloss enamel will work but I would leave it alone.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe this? Says specific for Honda (on Amazon) but might do:

IMG_6275.jpg

^That's likely not what you want: pearl means metallic? Something that says "satin black"?

#3 Mendel Leisk, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  4. RCE1

RCE1 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I just thought I'd ask. I have had pretty good luck with painting over curb rash on aluminum rims, but they were silver. Not an OEM fix or anything, but it might improve the impression.

Mendel Leisk likes this.