1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wheel skins color?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Apr 1, 2007.

1. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

Ok, trashed my idea to switch the wheels in my car, I was curious what color wheel cover most folks have put on their prius, not sure if black, charcoal or the grey would look best with the dash and interior.

Also has anyone gotten the perforated one instead of solid leather?

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. BethlehemPrius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Apr 1 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]416238[/snapback]</div>

THanks for the link and the pics, looks really nice. I think i am sold on the look, just debating on how thick the wheel will be with it on.

Thanks again.

4. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The leather does not add much thickness. The leather is only about 1/16 thick. What you can do is go to http://www.wheelskins.com and order the free swatches. You can get every color and an sample perforated. You could make a wheelskin out of the samples if you wanted. I think I might turn mine into a wallet. :D I was not greedy and order all colors but you can order them all. ;)

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I got a wine-and-black one for my 2005 which has a dark red and grey interior. I got a solid black one for my 2007 with the black and grey interior. I didn't want the perforated kind, afraid it would catch and retain hand grunge. It looks really great and feels great too. One tip: before you put it on, go over all the perforations with a vacuum, wiggling the edge to get any loose bits out. I have one little bump where a tiny leather plug fell out and into the bottom of the cover as I was lacing it on. I didn't notice it at the time, but now IT'S THERE!

6. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I posted my wheelskin pic in the other thread.
    Here it is:

Linky

[​IMG]

7. BethlehemPrius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ Apr 3 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]417334[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the pic, I think that pic sold me on it along with the color combo! :)