1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel spacers are here!!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by shawnb2, Feb 18, 2011.

1. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So here they are. I got the Ichiba 15mm version II wheels spacers for the back which bolt directly on without having to change the studs. Will bring my offset out to a +35mm on my wheels. Should be just about right. Hoping to not have to roll the fenders so not going extreme. The fronts are the version I spacers and they come with longer studs, but am really thinking that these are so thin I probably won't have to use them. Will make that call when I have the wheels off and see how much of the threads they cover. Now if it will just stop raining for an hour or two so I can play. I can't wait to see them on. Here are the pics of the spacers as well as before pics of the wheels how they sit now on the car. Will keep you up to date once they are on.

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      166.3 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      95.6 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      73.5 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      50.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      131.2 KB
      Views:
    1 person likes this.
  2. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So I braved the little bit of rain that was coming down to try and at least fit the rears. Unfortunately the stock studs are longer than I thought. Even with the pocket on the back side of the Weds, they were still too long. I had a feeling and knew it could be possible, but was hoping for the better side of luck. Failed! So I guess it will have to be the old fashion way. I'll return the studded spacers and get the standard style with longer studs. Will just take longer is all. Other down side is I go in for carpal tunnel surgery on Tuesday so I will either have to wait a few weeks to install myself or have a shop do it. Anybody want to come over and help?

3. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You doing 15mm all round? If you still need help, let me know, I can come by and give you a hand.

curtainsales likes this.
  4. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Doing 5mm in the front and 15mm in the rear. Downside is my surgery is Tuesday, I won't be home much Monday and am going to need to exchange the studded 15mm for non studded and have to press in new studs. The stock studs are too long to fit behind the wheels. I'd love the help when I get everything swapped for the right stuff. PM me and I'll give you my number. We can talk about a good time then. Thanks.

5. basicallyevolve

basicallyevolve New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    looks very nice! I will probably be getting my prius in a month or two ad i play on getting the V and replacing the rims with the Five Axis S6-F in gunmetal . I have never changed rims in any of my cars as the stock ones were always badass xD. Like my Evolution 8 Mr had Those sick BBS rims on them :p.

Would i have to buy spacers as well or do anything special to get those 17 inch S6-F rims on the car? :p

Pretty cool that you two are in so cal xD. I am So cal as well :p

6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice looking ride spacers or not. Good luck with your CT surgery.

7. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you're going to buy them brand new, just get the proper offsets. That way you don't need to spend extra on spacers. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    yep, IMO the 15mm spacers on the rear look much better with my V wheels...not tucked in so much.

9. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So finally set it up to come back to the shop I bought my wheels and having them install the spacers today. May be some minor fender rolling involved and would prefer that guys that do it on a regular basis do it. Can't wait. Will post pics tomorrow as long as the weather hold up and all goes well today.

10. Teakwood

Teakwood Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ... and the point of the spacers is...???

11. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It is to move the wheels out more to sit closer to the fender. More of a flush look. Even though it's a Prius doesn't mean it can't have a little Tuner Style. Just makes the wheels not look so tucked in is all.

12. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Think I'll do that too,when I do my springs!

Dealeo likes this.
  13. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So as to not have to modify anything we tried to go 20mm to avoid having to cut the factory studs because of clearances behind the wheel 15mm just wasn't enough. With the 20mm it looked great and after initial test drive would have to roll or cut the fender just a tiny bit. Have decided to stick with the 5mm spacers for now in the rear. Front 5mm are on now as well and once my hand is good enough to work on the car myself I will make the necessary mods to make the 15mm fit. The saga continues.

14. Sandog53

Sandog53 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Do I need longer studs with the 15mm spacers for my V wheels?

15. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes. Absolutely. Even with the 5mm it would be safer to use them but you can get away without it. Just no more beyond that.

16. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Shawn,

Do you think the 20mm spacers will work if the rims do not have back pockets? I'm debating on some spacers and don't really want to replace the bolts. Since my rims aren't as wide as yours, I think I could get away with the 20mm without rubbing. However, I know my rims do not have the back pockets, so if the orig studs still poke out of the 20mm, I don't think I could use them... just thought I would pick your brain.

Calvin

17. drunkin master

drunkin master Contributing Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How much and where are you getting your spacers. Interested in the 15mm.
    Thanks

18. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  19. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think 25mm is the minimum you'll need if you don't want to cut/grind your studs. I installed 25mm spacers on my friend's FD and had no stud exposed.

If you have a pocket in back, you can probably get away with 20mm. You'd have to check your spacing though since lower offset wheels may have more room.

edit: btw, if you want to run 15 or 20mm and don't have room, just grind the stud down to make them fit. Replacement studs are like 3 bucks each at autozone when you decide to go back to stock

20. drunkin master

drunkin master Contributing Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think I will fine without grinding if I get the ichiba v2s. I have another set of holes on the rims.