1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Spacers ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Xaran, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just changed my wheels and while reading some of the threads I see that some owners are using a spacer on the rear or a different off set on the rear.

My questions are does that change the handling ... and if you are using a spacer or a different off set how much difference are you using. I think Ive only seen 5mm and 10mm difference

Thanks for any info :)

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm wondering this as well. I'm sure it changes the geometry on the suspension components in that moving the wheel outward increases the leverage and forces on said components. Maybe a sway bar would be indicated?

3. crazyjeys

crazyjeys Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm running 5mm spacers in the rear but will be replacing it with an 8mm soon. Haven't noticed any difference in handling. Someone told me that running wider tires at the back for FWD cars ruins the handling but i don't think spacers or a lower offset will as long as you're running same width tires. I think the wider tires at the rear makes a FWD undesteer more.