1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wheel Up Grade 07 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GB'sprius07, Apr 23, 2011.

1. GB'sprius07

GB'sprius07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm interested in doing a after market wheel up grade does any one have any recommendations ? or advice on any wheels you have purchases , and does it effect mileage in any way ? i'm looking at MB Wheel they are very reasonable , any one have any suggestions for a base model 07 Prius , its mostly for a change in appearance , so i'm not wanting to go broke over it ..Thanks !

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's really a matter of how much you want to spend. In general, the rule of thumb is that lighter is better. MB Drags (which some of the Honda tuner kids like) weigh a ton and will make your car slower. However, the tires that you put on those rums will likely have a bigger effect.

I can recommend Motegi traklites, which can be had for a reasonable price and will not weigh a ZOMG-crap-ton. I have Volks, but I paid over $2k for them.

3. sktn77a

sktn77a Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Try taking the plastic wheel trims off first - you might be surprised at how much they look like new custom wheels!

coyotesafteru likes this.
  4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Volk eco drive. They are lighter than stock, stronger, and look nice. They are not cheap. But you get what you pay for.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Check out Motegi Wheels as well. They have some fairly lightweight options. I would be more concerned with tire choice than wheel weight though. As long as you stay under 20lbs per wheel you will be fine. The tracklites are really light but I can't remember if they come in a 17" size.