1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When driver-LESS....isn't.

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by ETC(SS), Nov 23, 2021.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've always said that the difference between utopia and dystopia might lie in whether cars are driverless or driverLESS.
    If you see a functional steering wheel and foot pedals in a car?
    We're still more or less free to sorta go where and when we want to.

All this is because at least for now (pre-Skynet) the efforts of MANY "smart" cars will easily be sundered by just one idiot, to say NOTHING of an angry career criminal with a history of assaulting people with cars - in a bail-free or 'equitable' bail society.

One of my YooTube subs is KB, or "Knowing Better" who (because we live in the 2020s) is somebody that ALPHABET describes as: "...an educational YouTuber informing people, in an unbiased way, about psychology, government, etc."
    Of course, in reality he's about as unbiased as Tucker Carlson....or Rachael Maddow.
    No insult intended, he IS pretty bright, and he does manage to talk for minutes at a time without bashing people or institutions that he disagrees with, which is one of the reasons that I....."know better."

I was digesting his recent Veteran's Day vid on "Starship Troopers" a title which will mean very different things to different cohorts, when I remembered that he did a video about.....SELF DRIVING CARS.
    I remember seeing the vid....NOW 4YEARS OLD, and remembering that there's a vibrant anti-authoritarian sorta vibe that sometimes unites the Bernie Bros with people who look behind FNS' paywall.

In case you've been living under a rock...this is even MORE true in 2021 than it was in 2017.
    This 'freedom of navigation' issue will come into much sharper focus in that brief flicker of time after AI becomes talented enough to manage humans behind the wheel and before AI (or dot.gov) decides to take...."the shorter way home."

So.....
    TESLA seems to be somewhat synonymous with "Self Driving"......even if some car critics said that Super-cruise > Autopilot.

Therefore.....
    I humbly (re?)submit the following:
    Like and sub KB if you dig it.
    KB is off to my left, so he's probably 'PC friendly.'

#1 ETC(SS), Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yeah, we've got a way to go, no doubt. accidents should be blamed on the person behind the wheel, and anyone involved in autonomous development encouraging people to 'let the car do the driving' should be fined, jailed or both.