1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When I click on an internal link, it just takes me to the main page!

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by scrambledeg, Sep 14, 2008.

1. scrambledeg

scrambledeg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Whenever I click on a link someone has put into a thread that should take me to another thread or area of PC, it always just takes me back to the home page. For example, today I clicked on the link efusco made for the membermap and i was just taken to the home page.

Have all of these links been disabled?

Does it have something to do with me using Firefox?

thanks!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Something is wrong with your setup or system. The links work fine, even with Firefox. You might try clearing your cache and temporary files and see if that helps.

Tom

3. scrambledeg

scrambledeg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I "cleared all private data" including cookies, caches, etc...but the internal links still won't work.

The address appears correct in the address bar at the top of the page, but the actual content is the main page.

For example, when i clicked on efusco's link to the membermap provided under the thread entitled FRAPPER, the address in the address box reads:

Toyota Prius Online Community with News, Forums, & Research - PriusChat

which looks like it should take me to that page, but instead i get the main page.

any other suggestions?

heather

4. scrambledeg

scrambledeg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ooh, that last note changed the link from the address to the title when i posted it. :unsure:

here's what it looks like in my address bar with a few spaces added:

http:// priuschat.com/ index.php?act=membermap

but isn't that strange that this address changed to the title of the main page? Are you sure ALL of the links work? what am i still doing wrong? :confused:

thanks.
    heather

5. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No, I can't say that they all work. It would be reasonable to assume that there are some dead links here and there.

When you click on a link, does it open in the current frame or open a new tab? Do links work on web pages other than priuschat.com?

Find one link that doesn't work and post it on this thread. I'll give it a try and see what it does for me.

Tom

6. scrambledeg

scrambledeg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    in this forum, there is a sticky called frapper. efusco has posted a link to the member map. try that one and let me know how it goes.
    :)

to answer your other questions:
    if the link is meant to take me out of priuschat to another website, firefox opens and new window and the link is there.

if the link is meant to take me to a place inside priuschat, a new window is NOT opened and i am taken to the home page.

i've had to do a search for the key term in the link i want in order to find it. so this tells me that not all the links i'm clicking on are dead. however, i could not find a member map link in the search menu.

7. qbee42

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Okay, I tried the frapper link and it works fine on my Firefox. Do you run a DNS server on your own network? If that doesn't mean anything to you, then you don't and don't need to worry about it.

Tom

8. scrambledeg

scrambledeg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    nope no dns. now what? I guess i'm the only one with this problem. :(