1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

When will CA HOV stickers run out?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by uclabruins, Apr 20, 2006.

1. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, I'm slated to buy a Magnetic Gray Prius and just talked to the dealer. He said it should come by the middle of June, so I was wondering if I buy in June, will the HOV stickers have run out by then? What's your estimate? Thanks.</span>

2. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

I think you'll be fine

3. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    June shoud still be under the 75,000 limit, me thinks.

4. altdel

altdel Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(uclabruins @ Apr 20 2006, 03:17 PM) [snapback]242837[/snapback]</div>
    You'll be fine.
    Here's my estimate. Taking the sticker numbers posted in this thread in early Jan 2006 (around 42500) and the one I got mid-April (approx. 56300),
    the sticker run rate per month is then (56300-42500)/4.5 = 3066
    Assuming there are 3000 applications in the pipe-line waiting to be processed, the remaining stickers will last for another (75000-56300-3000)/3066 = 5 months.

That means the stickers will run out around mid-Sept 2006.

5. cnerfin

cnerfin New Member

I sure hope your calculations are right I am waiting for my 2006 Magnetic Grey as well and that sticker application is burning a hole in my pocket... <_<

6. mdh

mdh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mascott @ Apr 29 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]247337[/snapback]</div>
    we made a call to Sac and they are doing 100 applications per day.... I am getting the feeling supply is reaching demand in the bay area in regards to the wait list. I will be prices start to come down.

7. prius lover

prius lover New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mascott @ Apr 29 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]247337[/snapback]</div>

I had ordered a Magnetic Grey as well, and was told the second week of May. However, the number of cars on the road with the stickers had me very nervous. The dealer offered me a classic silver last week, I took it, and the application is now in Sacramento. I hope everyone else is right....

8. mdh

mdh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius lover @ May 1 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]248239[/snapback]</div>
    i think prices will start to come down.... i was able to get my car with no waiting in the bay area and $500 below msrp

9. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Just make sure you use the "tricks" that a few of us have found in regards to the stickers.

There are 2 "easier and faster" ways to get the sticker.
    1. Convice the dealer to "walk" your paperwork immediately into the DMV. A few large volume dealers can even issue plates right there.

2. Once the dealer has sent your paperwork to the DMV, convice the dealer's DMV person to run a DMV report for you (maybe 1 1/2 to 2 wks later). This report has your plate number on it weeks (if not months) before the "call in" line does.

Bottom-line, you need your plate number ASAP! If you live in OC then you need your fast pass as well.

If you can accomplish one of the 2, you will get your stickers weeks or even months ahead of others who waited and waited for their plates to come.

I called and called the DMV for weeks, to no avail. Then I got another dealer friend (at a Mecedes dealership no less) to run my report on my VIN. Sure enough, they has assigned my plates. Just for fun, I called the DMV daily for another 3 1/2 weeks before they finally showed my plates in their system! In the meantime, my check had already cleared and I got my stickers a few days later.