1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

when will the hybrid truck come out

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by SWARTZ ME, Nov 10, 2008.

1. SWARTZ ME

SWARTZ ME New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    will will Toyota come out with the hybrid truck. a small truck not a full size truck?????????

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there were rumors that the A-Bat will be released between 2010 and 2012...

3. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I would love to see Toyota come out with a FJ 4x4 with a Hybrid. I love my FJ, but the mileage average is only about 15mpg!! 20 years ago, you could get a Toyota Truck 4x4 with a 5 speed manual / 2.4 liter engine and it was pretty easy on the gas.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    a hybrid FJ would be awesome. my mom is about to trade in her RX 400h for an FJ because we'll need the 4x4 capability at our new house.

5. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hybrid technology provides the greatest amount of benefit when applied to small light-weight passenger vehicles. In this thread, you guys talk as if though "Hybrid" is the magic Kool-Aid to all vehicle problems. It's not.. Recently, my brother was looking at a large hybrid SUV as a replacement to his current large SUV when the lease expires. For the additional cost of hybrid components, it made absolutely no sense for an improvement of only a couple of MPG.

Keith

6. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Fuel efficient trucks are practical and would be in high demand if available. I think VW married a fuel efficient diesel engine to a truck that got around 40mpg many moons ago? Also, Toyota produced a 1 ton fuel efficient truck in the past. Today, no one produces a fuel efficient truck and that’s a loss for the small business owners who need trucks for their work. Small fuel efficient trucks will crop up again because it’s a demand that’s not being met by the industry. I plan on attending the Los Angeles auto show next week and I would be surprised if I don’t see a future concept fuel efficient truck. I will make sure I take my trusty Nikon camera and snap up some photographs at the show. :cool::cool:

7. problemchild

problemchild New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Australia Has a 4x4 that gets 51mpg while racing at 110mph. Shouldnt be that hard to make a PU. The PU will have to be a diesel electric hybrid.

8. SWARTZ ME

SWARTZ ME New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    hey thanks for all the replies I hop they come out with a small 2 wheel drive hybrid truck would be nice to see one with a diesel.