1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where and How are you mounting your iPOD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by harleyEE, Oct 19, 2005.

1. harleyEE

harleyEE New Member

Hi there,

I am part of the AIC group buy and have been looking into the where to mount my ipod.

I wsa looking at the following proclip product

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpath=144...id=&p_year=2004

That will go over the Drivers air-vernt just next to the touch screen. I am thinking about running the cord via the airduct. I don't want to sacrifice a cup holder for my ipod. I put my keys, wallet, mobile, etc there.

The trick is I would like a dock connection that does not require squeezing the connection to reales.. (Yes I am a bit lazy. Sigh :)

There is another product that I have seen that does not yet work on the prius that has the mount that I would like. Just since they don't have a product for the prius they have not been so helpful at making my idea a reality.

The product is the ice>link adapter here is ther url: http://www.dension.com/icelink_info.htm

Well if you have an idea or alternate suggestion please let me know. I have looked through the forums and have not found any sollutions.

Thanks!
    Harley

2. Armature

Armature New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I use the ProClip product you're talking about and I love it. My AIC is mounted behind the right passenger air vent and there's enough cable to run under the air filter, out a hole in the bottom panel that already exists and up to the holder. Looks very neat and leaves the iPod accessible when in simple mode.

David

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In the lower glove box, in the slot in the back. The pad of valet instructions wedges it in place! Works great does not move around. I have a G2 iPod.

4. craigcush

craigcush Member

I put mine behind the tinted plastic cover under the radio. This works great for the iTrip FM module as there is no interference since the radio is inches from the pod.
    Also enough storage for the charger/firewire in there.
    Still waiting for an affordable solution that moves the ipod display to the mfd,

then i woke up...

5. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

This is what the AIC adapter is missing... a dock. A docking option would be ideal for custom mounting. Just don't ask me where it would mount. Toyota didn't leave room for anything. Unless you want to start cutting the dash.

6. taaustin

taaustin New Member

My solution - iPod2Car (bought late this summer - would not go this route now)...

The extra long cable is fed under the carpet and up under the center console where it drops in the 'secret drawer'. I just pull open the drawer, plug in my iPod, select a playlist and punch play on the iPod. From there I can scroll forward/backward on the steering wheel, turn the stereo off (pauses iPod) or on (restarts where I left off).

I'd prefer an option that gives me MFD display, and would probably buy one now but when I got my adapter there was not one available.

(if I'd just waited a couple of weeks -sheesh!)

All in all though I do LOVE my hidden compartment solution. It confuses the heck out of uninformed passengers and is ENTIRELY invisible to potential thieves.

Terry

7. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm just using a cassette deck adapter with my old 1G iPod. I'll keep it in the cup holder or in the space under the stereo when in use. When not in use, it's in the center console. That space in the front with the edges seems to hold it in just fine (I have an iSkin on it as well, so it's a snug fit :) ).