1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where are my MPG readouts?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by longterm, Apr 18, 2012.

1. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I got my PIP on Sunday, drove it down from Virginia to Tennessee, not being too concerned with miles-per-gallon, drove at breakneck speed so that I could get home at a decent hour.

When I got home I held down the TRIP button to clear out the MPG, which was only at about 43--not surprising since I was reaching speeds of 85MPH a lot of the trip. I know, too fast, lucky I didn't get a ticket, etc.

At any rate...

When I toggle through the DISPLAY screens, I don't see any readout showing me what my miles-per-gallon are now that I zeroed out the MPG. I clicked on the CAR button, and don't see it there either.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here; how can I see what I'm doing on mileage now?

I'm loving my new Prius; I had an 07, so this one's much peppier than my old one. In Nashville where there are lots of hills, it's easy to slip from EV into HV mode, but I'm slowly learning how to drive a little more calmly so that I stay in EV for the duration of my short trips.

Bob

2. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you know that "CONSUMP." is really "mpg"?

It can be seen on the "Hybid System Indicator" Screen.

3. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Right, I do know that, and I used MPG in my post out of convenience...

Before I zeroed out my MPG, I did see a # there; now that section of the display is blank...

4. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Push (and do not hold) the'trip button to see the various trip values.

5. longterm

longterm Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Right, but none of he displays show MPG; the only time I see it is when I start the car, and a display shows the values.

Maybe I need to reset again...

6. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The difference from my '06 takes some getting used to. My PiP shows "Consump" for trip odometers only which means that to get the mpg for each tank a trip odometer must be set and left alone for each tank. Then, it reads out on the dash and not the MFD. But if you hold the "trip" button down, you reset the mpg reading.

When you think about it, we never had a cumulative mpg reading unless we left the setting alone which we still could with one of the trip odometers. But since we have two trip odometers we could have BOTH a cumulative and tank by tank mpg reading. We just couldn't use the trip odometers for anything else.