1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where are Prius's available?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusWanter, Jul 15, 2005.

1. PriusWanter

PriusWanter New Member

I'm sure this question has been asked many times in these forums but I new. I live in Austin, Texas and I desperately want a Prius, but the only deal around here that doesn't ahve a SERIOUS waitlist has a $2,000 price hike. I've been looking around on Ebay but haven't found anything great. I've heard a lot of rumors about some states having more than other and things. Could someone please give me some info? Thank you.

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    try rural areas

3. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    About 6 hours north of you in Muskogee, OK, the wait is only about 2 weeks, and I'm getting mine for $250 under MSRP. Might want to check Houston as well.

4. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

Most non-Californian dealers that I have seen add alot of markup. Definitely take Boxter's advice; resign yourself to the fact that you will have to drive a good distance to some remote location to get what you want.

5. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I live 65 miles south of Washington, D.C. and got mine in one week for MSRP. The dealer is Rosner Toyota.

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Guess it depends upon how far you're willing to go... :mrgreen:

They seem to be plentiful at dealerships in and around the Boston area. Not sure of the markups though... Check out "Ira Tewskbury" on Google, they appear to have two sitting around. I did a search like this a few weeks back, and a bunch of dealerships around here had them.

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Somewhat closer to you (a short cheap flight on Southwest), Toyota of Dallas had six on their lot two weeks ago. Supposedly Toyota of Richardson had some also.

8. vande23

vande23 New Member

Our Minneapolis/St. paul metro dealers have a 4-6 month wait on average, with some being as high as 9 months. I called around to rural dealers and quickly found 3 #'1, 5 #'6s and the one #4 that I put a deposit on yesterday (Duluth, MN). I'm going 2 hrs away to get mine next weekend - well worth it. :D

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Use the internet (like cars.com) to find all of the dealers within a 100-300 mile radius, however far you want to drive. You might even be able to check inventory online.

Then contact them by e-mail and ask if they have any Prii with the color/package you want. They'll probably respond with whatever they have on the lot.

Don't pay over MSRP. Don't pay for extras like lo-jack, etching, etc. Unless their extended warranty is less than $1000, don't buy that either.

Arrange your deal either by e-mail or on the phone and get a confirmation on the price before you go there to test drive. There is no reason to pay $2000 over MSRP. And if you hit the dealers just right, I.E. right after a delivery they should have some on the lot. Now...what's the difference between getting on a two week waiting list or searching around for two weeks for one on the lot?

If you want to take a little trip....try So.Cal. I went to the dealer, test drove and bought it right off the lot. No waiting.

Try Howard Sheehy at Kearny Mesa Toyota in San Diego, CA.

10. michaelmcgaw

michaelmcgaw New Member

Call George Flores (956-722-5182) in Laredo Texas and see if he has anything. They've had MSRP'd Prii on his lot before without port options.

11. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :idea: Try the "Dealers" forum on PriusOnline.com. A variety of Delaers post their inventory there.

12. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  13. DanH

DanH New Member

A while back I heard of a few from TX going to TN to get one without the mark ups. It also turns out the Southeast region is also pretty bad in loading the car up with pricey 'port options' that most folks don't want.

I'm here in NC (in the Southeast region) and went to Nothern VA to get mine. 1) That region had the AM package I was wanting, 2) I got it for a little under MSRP, and 3) It was only about 3 weeks after telling them I wanted one they had one for me. Oh yea, and the port options they put on it were little things like a bumper guard and cargo net. Stuff I didn't mind added on anyway.

14. popoff

popoff New Member

I remember someone, I believe in Texas, saying they got theirs from Diane at a good price and had it shipped in

15. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yesterday, I received an email from Hamer Toyota, in Mission Hills, CA, advising that they had twelve Priuses in stock available for sale at MSRP. They listed a variety of colors and option packages.

16. TheLastPicasso

TheLastPicasso New Member

We had two on the lot here in San Angelo last week. I'm not sure about right now. You could give them a call.

17. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  18. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Atlanta seems to have plenty, I got mine for $3000 under invoice and have helped two members here do the same. One is flying in from CA to pick his up and he's driving back to CA. Even with travel expenses, he saved a considerable amount over what he would have paid in CA...

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    strange, how in 05, you could hardly find one and now, they're all over the place.:cool:

20. davidj08

davidj08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three