1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where are Rev. Sharpton & Rev. Jackson?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigmahma, May 17, 2007.

1. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

I know why!!!

The Victims are WHITE and the Perps are BLACK!

Where be the Revs Al and Jesse? Are they providing counsel and help to the families of the victims?

Of course not - the victims were white

Why hasn't this received National coverage by the news media like the Duke "rape" case?

Oh, that's right - the victims were white

Why hasn't the NAACP, ACLU, New York Times etc., called for an investigation?

Must be cause the victims were white

Why hasn't the FBI been called in to investigate this as a hate crime?
    Oh, that's right - the victims were white"

Dozens of New Charges in Double Murder Case Announced

http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/5483316.html
    http://www.volunteertv.com/special

BET YOU DIDN'T HEAR THIS ON THE NEWS
    The animals pictured below; car-jacked, then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!

Channon Christian, was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breast and put chemicals in her mouth ... and then murdered her.

Dozens of New Charges in Double Murder Case Announced
    Posted: 5:05 PM Feb 1, 2007. Last Updated: 11:40 AM Feb 8, 2007.
    Reporter: Whitney Daniel, WVLT Staff

Knoxville (WVLT) - The District Attorney General of Knox County announced the list of charges facing now five suspects in the double murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

The District Attorney General Randy Nichols is not saying whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the State will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Knox County Grand Jury.

Lemaricus Davidson, 25, faces a total of 46 charges. Davidson was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Letalvis Cobbins, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Cobbins was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape,
    robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

George Thomas, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Thomas was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Just last night, police in Lebanon, Kentucky, arrested 18-year-old Vanessa Coleman. She faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Coleman was indicted on 12 counts Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 1 count Premeditated Murder of Christian only, 1 count Especially Aggravated Robbery of Newsom only, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts of aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom and 2 Counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.

Eric Boyd, 24, also arrested in connection with the fatal carjacking, only faces federal charges as an accessory after the fact. He was not indicted by Knox county grand jury.

Felony Murder carries a possibility of death, life without the possibility of parole and life with parole. Especially Aggravated Robbery is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years in prison. Aggravated Rape is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years of prison.

At a news conference Thursday, Nichols commended the cooperative efforts between several departments and credits that cooperation for the fast pace this case is moving through the court system.

Nichols says he hopes to move the case to trial on the first day it's set.

The four are expected to make their first court appearance within ten to fifteen days.

This is certainly a case garnering a lot of public interest, Nichols recognizes that and says he expects all kinds of requests filed in this case, including a change of venue in order to receive a fair trial. But he says he does hope 12 Knox County jurors will be able to determine the guilt or innocence of these suspects.

This drives me crazy

BigMahma

MAY I REMIND YOU THIS IS FREDS HOUSE OF PANCAKES!!

2. DelerPrius

DelerPrius New Member

Hmm, so far the silence is deafening.

Perhaps all the FHOP IRregulars are still too busy celebrating the death of Jerry Falwell to weigh in on this one.

Of course, if the victims had been black, there would be 200 posts by now with all the usual liberal drivel about racism, hate crimes, 400 years of oppression, blah blah blah.

BigMahma, I predict that such responses, if any, that you get from this bunch will take one of two forms: either a feeble condemnation of these heinous crimes of these four walking pieces of excrement, a la, yes that was a terrible thing they did, IF they did it, I hope they get a fair trial, cause "the system" is biased against blacks, oh and BTW did you know there are hundreds or even thousands of wrongly convicted blacks in prisons and we need to be all concerned about that, so why don't we focus on that instead.

Or, (even worse) they are going to minimize the horrid nature of what these 4 monsters did by talking about "expressions of rage" against white oppression (unbelievable I know, but I never cease to be amazed, if not frightened, by the philosophies posted by many of the libs who frequent this forum)

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    lets see... the post was put up early in the morning, when most of us were sleeping... i know this is the first i came across it.

Yes, it was horrible. And as i've said elsewhere on the board in other topics, hate crimes can occur for any combination of race, religion, or creed. crimes by whites against blacks are labeled by the media as racist crimes and bring back thoughts of the KKK way back when lynchings were commonplace. Crimes against Jews are labeled anti-semitic, and bring back thoughts of Nazi's and the holocaust. We don't have any similar such labels for most of the hate crimes that happen every day though.

These individuals (i don't want to use the words "people" or "young men" for them) will get whats coming to them. Crimes as heinous as this are, IMO, the most deserving of the death penalty. They didn't just kill, they tortured, raped, and maimed these individuals before killing them. In light of everything they did, i would say the murder was almost an act of mercy.

The last thing i would want to see for these A-holes would be life in a cushy prison where they get cable and internet and all else at the tax payers expense. They're hardly even deserving of month old, crusty, moldy bread.

As for Sharpton and Jackson... Guess what? us "liberals" don't like them either. I think everyone here has, at one point or another, recognized them as opportunists that extort situations to further their own personal political agenda. They aren't forces of good in this country.

the previous post was extremely condescending to most of the people on the board, without giving anyone a chance to first state their opinions. Next time, try not to let your personal feelings about others politics play into your initial post. post the facts and your opinion on the situation (ie this happened, and i think they should get the death penalty, etc). allow others to agree or disagree with you, and then feel free start arguing. Posts like this are simply rude.

4. DelerPrius

DelerPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 17 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]444127[/snapback]</div>
    OK, first I didn't post this until I saw that there was plenty of other posts on other threads in FHOP subsequent to this one...it's not like I posted it five minutes later.

Second, my intent was not to be rude or condescending and I am sorry if I came across that way. I was only stating my opinion based on what I have seen here from other posters. However, nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong regarding my prediction. You for your part have already done so. Will be interested to see who else does. Fire away.

5. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    FWIW, i think others aren't replying to the topic because they read it as troll bait - The subject and content of the OP's post is more or less designed to incite anger and attack two individuals whom he thinks are much loved by many here.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DelerPrius @ May 17 2007, 09:13 AM) [snapback]444067[/snapback]</div>
    What? youve got to be kidding... Those suspects look like fine upstanding individuals..... I Think your borderlining being a racist because you called them black instead on African American. :rolleyes:

LOL, that being said I think the suspects should have done to them what they did to that couple...... :angry:
    I agree with DelerPrius on this one.....

As for the media not reporting it nation-wide? i guess it doesnt carry the same weight in the ratings game as a more famous person....

I mite add that each suspect has 46 - 50 charges against them, the police have to place that many due to our flawed lieniant liberal court system.

7. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Did YOU read anything in the newspaper or hear on your local TV news anything about the carjacking and murder of Jason Burgeson and Amy Shute in Providence, RI? That crime, which took place seven years ago, was similar to the crime mentioned here, except that there wasn't rape involved. Two college students were kidnapped, carjacked, and brutally murdered. And yes, the victims were white and the perps were black. This was constantly on the local news here in 2000. But if you don't live in the Rhode Island area, chances are you never heard a word about it.

Did it occur to you that America is such a violent country that most carjackings, rapes, mutilations, and murders do not make national news? The crimes that do usually involve celebrities, large numbers of deaths, or victims that particularly arouse sympathy in the public (such as young children). Of course the crime that happened in Knoxville is horrific. But what is your point- that there is some kind of media conspiracy to not report black-on-white crime? Which crime was the largest media event in history? I believe it was the O.J. Simpson trial, was it not?

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I light of such a completely horrific tragedy I find it rediculous and upsetting that you created the post you did. :(

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A quick search on Google News shows it's all over the Knoxville media - which is as it should be. Local murders aren't national news (unless it's to give neocons a hard-on reading the explicit details).

10. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ May 17 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]444225[/snapback]</div>
    You should add an addendum to that: "Local murders aren't national news..." except when someone important, famous, rich, or political is either directly involved or decides to make it an issue.

11. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ May 17 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]444225[/snapback]</div>
    I think that's kind of the point, don't you think? Accusations of gang rape of a black stripper by white frat boys should have been just a local story too.

12. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    well, when i first read this i was sickened by the nature of these crimes and just a bit too stunned to reply with anything somewhat thought-through.

this is the kind of situation where the justice system is far too easy on criminals. the sub-human trash who did this should never see the light of day again. i don't care what their skin color is. i don't care where they came from. i don't care what happened to them in their lifetime that they or others may use to try to somehow justify this. that is irrelevant.

13. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 17 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]444241[/snapback]</div>
    It sure seems to me to be a case where the death penalty would be appropriate.

14. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ May 17 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]444247[/snapback]</div>
    Well really then, as the suspects are black, you should all relax. They have a much better chance of getting the death penalty than if they were white.

15. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 17 2007, 11:39 AM) [snapback]444175[/snapback]</div>
    That, plus imo there's no real response to something this horrible.

16. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DelerPrius @ May 17 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]444067[/snapback]</div>
    I think that what's been done kind of speaks for itself; I'm not sure why it's necessary to focus immediately upon racial issues.

Perhaps it's good to acknowledge that, at least at this moment, the vast majority of us here --political leanings notwithstanding-- are primarily, in agreement

I don't think that I wish to participate in a divisive debate, as this one seems destined to become.

Another explanation for the silence.

17. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ May 17 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]444275[/snapback]</div>
    I think if the jury were comprised of all blind people, they'd still get the death penalty.

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Violent criminals should be dealt with in an appropriate manner. They should not be used to foster racial hatred, as the OP seems determined to do.

The device the OP uses, asserting that "liberals" will approve of the crime because the criminals are black, is unjustified and vile. When Bigmahma joined this board, asking, essentially, if it was "okay" for a conservative meat-eater to join, I welcomed him/her. I now see that he/she merely wants to insult people by inventing outrageous opinions to accuse us of. This is similar to the tactics used by Berman, and is earning Bigmahma the same opinion that until now I have reserved only for Berman.

People can express whatever opinions they like. But when you state that someone else's opinions are 180 degrees away from what that person has expressed, then you step over the line and you earn my contempt.

19. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 17 2007, 07:55 AM) [snapback]444045[/snapback]</div>
    Here's the way I think it works: Power Centers.

Power Centers form when a sufficient number of people attach themselves to a group name. Al and Jesse are some of the leaders of the Power Center formerly known as Black now more commonly African-American. Other Power Centers which can easily be identified include Hispanic and Gay.

The defacto White Power Center is not really allowed to operate as-such, due to historical misuse of that power. Any White Power Center leaders must not refer to their membership as White, but must act as if ALL people are equally members of their center. No running in and claiming that people outside their Power Center need to be punished for cross-Center violence. That is only for the non-White Power Center leaders to do, again as punishment for past White Power Center abuse. In the case of the Gay Power Center, it's attacks by the Anti-Gay Power Center that draw responses: people do have multiple Power Center attachments, which causes havoc at Republican debates when trying to appease them all.

If you do see someone claiming to really be a White Power Center leader, that person is usually a White Supremacist and has no real Power beyond a small scope of influence, due to the numerous incompatible factions involved in the Supremacist movement.

So again, nobody who qualifies as a real White Power Center leader will rant and rave over cross-Center violence for fear of losing power, and Al and Jesse and others will continue to only be there when on the losing side of such violence. Sad, but that's the way it is...

20. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 17 2007, 01:35 PM) [snapback]444321[/snapback]</div>
    I agree. In my opinion, this topic is a pathetic and transparent attempt --on the part of BigMahma-- to use this tragedy to further his/her own agenda.