1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where are the Prii?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ServoScanMan, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I took the family and a few days supplies to Lake Travis (lake near Austin,TX) this past weekend. I saw no Prii. Not one other. Nada. Zippo. Zero. You get the picture. I drove down I-35 to Lago Vista and back the same way. I never saw another Prius. I feel like I'm alone. Well, we did have fun at the lake. Maybe next time I'll see one. BTW, I got 50.2 mpg on the trip driving 75-80mph on the interstate with the AC set on 72 degrees. This car is Way Cool!

2. gmlawrence

gmlawrence New Member

I live in Georgetown, TX and work in Austin, TX and it seems like there are tons of us on the roads now. I wonder if maybe it was a fluke that you did not see anyone. Also the rains have made people a bit wary of going to the lakes and rivers around town. I know for a while that you were not aloud to swim in the lakes etc.

Hopefully your next trip will be more fruitful in sitings :D

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Is it true that a Prius can get free parking downtown Austin? Do you have to have a special sticker or something? I go down there sometimes and would appreciate any local tips.

4. gmlawrence

gmlawrence New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zenMachine @ Aug 8 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]492409[/snapback]</div>
    Yes there was a form you could fill out to get a sticker to allow you to have free parking but they are all out of them. They only had 100.

Kind of a bummer but at least they tried something. They still have free gifts left :D

5. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you want to see a bunch of Prii, come to the S.F. Bay Area. They are EVERYWHERE!

6. lpoulain

lpoulain New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(apriusfan @ Aug 14 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]495375[/snapback]</div>
    Yup. Don't know what got into me today, but I counted Prii driving home from work. (15 miles Redwood City to Sunnyvale). 48, including my own. That's the most I've ever counted. Prius was the highest selling car model in the bay area for the first half of 07.

Lou,
    dark grey, just hit 5000 mi., averaging 53mpg.

7. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gmlawrence @ Aug 8 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]492561[/snapback]</div>
    the other downside was that it had to be bought from certain dealers within the Austin City Limits and must be registered to a person living within the City Limits as well...

This is a bummer because I was considering a move to Austin in a couple of years and unless they change their policy, i'm excluded because I bought mine in Houston... :blink: