1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where can I buy the inverter fluid bottle?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by trmaddux, Oct 4, 2004.

1. trmaddux

trmaddux New Member

I am rebuilding a 2004 Prius. The inverter bottle was damaged in the wreck. The Toyota parts dept will sell me the inverter bottle along with the inverter for $5000. What a deal. I am having difficulty in finding this part. Does anyone have this part or could give me a lead. It is all plastic with three mounting holes. two fluid connections and is about 10 by 8 by 2 inches in size. I can e-mail a photo if needed. Thanks in advance.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Out of curiosity, did you buy a wrecked Prius on EBay that you are now trying to fix? It sounds as if, in the end, you may not be saving a whole lot of money.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

interesting but in the parts breakdown of the inverter section the coolant bottle isn't listed separately. I'm thinking custom plastics shop at this time. Also if your's isn't really damaged bad and most of the parts are there lot's of plastics places do welding. Plastic welding that is. I'm sure you could get one made for a couple of hundred bucks if worst come to worst.