1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where can I buy those sideview mirrors with the turn signal lights?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by howardbc, Jun 27, 2008.

1. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    SparkyAZ has these on his car and he said there is a thread but darn if I can find it. These are outside sideview color-coordinated mirrors with the wrap-around turn signal lights. I wanted to know where I might find them in the Phoenix area and who might install them for me. Thanks! - Bobbie

2. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    They're only available on-line as far as I can tell. One source:

Sigma Automotive – Toyota Hybrid Prius 2004 - 2009 OEM & JDM auto accessories

Here's a thread with cites for installation instructions.

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/31180-led-signal-rear-view-mirror-covers.html

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well Rokeby pretty much answered your question lol. I have nothing further to add.

4. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Tideland Prius,

Oops, didn't mean to steal your thunder. howardbc got lucky, this just happens to
    be one of the two mods I most dream about, so I have the info right at hand.

And I owe sparkyAZ a mess o' favors for his help on my 12V battery booster thread.
    Any friend of sparky's is a friend of mine.

The other mod I lust after? Why, rear wheel skirts/spats, of course.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    steal my thunder? lol. No, you didn't steal anything. I was just reinforcing your post. The signal lights are quite nifty but I told myself no more mods after the DICE unit.

6. hackIT

hackIT Oceanic Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm dyin' to add these to my Prius... Sigma also sells the Auto Folding Mirror Module, which the site mentions using with the Signal Mirror Housing. Sweet!!

The trick, in my case, will be finding someone to hook-up the electrical components for me.

Attached Files:

7. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi guys (and gals) - Bobbie I've been meaning to update the Phoenix meet-up thread with answers to some of the questions but I've been quite delinquent since work has been taking up most of my time :(

Here are a couple threads on the turn signal mirrors:

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/31180-led-signal-rear-view-mirror-covers.html

http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-modifications/24132-toyota-signal-mirrors.html

Just use the search function for "turn signal mirrors" and you'll find a couple pages of threads.

I purchased mine from Tommy Leung in Hong Kong. He used to sell them on E-bay but I'm not sure if he does anymore. I'd just contact him directly - Tommy's e-mail address is: [email protected]

You can see them on KT Dreamwork's website at:

LED side mirror covers LED side mirror covers - KT-DREAMWORK TRADING CO.,LTD.

Bobbie, you'll want to order the ISO3-4S2 part which is:
    ISO3 = Prius
    4S2 = Driftwood Pearl color code

They are pre-painted to match, and I paid $120 + $30 s/h which was less than half what Sigma charges for the JDM Toyota version.

The instructions that came in the box were pretty much worthless - the pictures could have been drawn in crayon and the text was in Chinese. Fortunately the mirror covers were of better quality than their instructions. I have a write-up started but I haven't had time to finish it. All the info you need is in the threads but it takes some sorting through and there are some tricks to the install that were not obvious at first. Any good body shop should be able to do the job in 3-4 hours, though.

Here's a night picture of my installation in mid-flash of the hazard warning lights:

[​IMG]