1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where can I find Option 5?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rpiereck, Mar 22, 2008.

1. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am on the market for a new Prius and will be buying one on late April/early May. I want a Touring model with everything but leather seats, which means Option 5, but everywhere I look I can only get the Nav system with the dreaded leather seats (Option 6). I am looking to buy at either the Nashville, TN area or San Francisco/San Jose, CA area.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have tried the Toyota site to build Priuses in North Cal, Nashville, Miami, LA, etc and the only way I can see to get the nav system is to get the leather seats. I don't understand why manufacturers make an option if it's not available anywhere, seems stupid to me.

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a limited supply of the Touring Edition (I think it's 5% or less of the Prius shipped to US). In a lot of markets, you can't get any Touring Edition period, e.g., last month when I checked for Touring Prius in the New York City area.

You can try expanding your searches to all areas where you would be willing to go pick-up (or have delivered) the Prius. For example, in New York City I cannot buy any Touring Edition. But I can go within 500 miles of NYC, e.g., Cleveland, OH, and pick one up in the exact package that I would want.

5. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Right now I am doing that. I will be going to school in Nashville in April and then move to North Cal, so I am looking in those areas. I have just searched all over North Cal and it does seem that the Touring is only available with Option 6 there. I gotta check in So Cal, Reno, Las Vegas too, as I can fly back from Nashville to one of those cities.

6. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It seems that the closest place I can find an Option 5 is Portland, OR, even as far as Las Vegas, SLC or Denver I cannot find a Prius Touring without leather!

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Another plus for Portland!

8. ForTheGlory

ForTheGlory New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is the Touring Edition an absolute necessity for you? You just get a bigger spoiler and bigger wheels...doesn't seem like that much of a difference.

You could always just buy a Package 4 and purchase a separate Nav system (Garmin, TomTom, etc). You don't get the "built-in" polish of the factory-installed system, but some people like the handhelds better.

9. rpiereck

rpiereck Regenerator

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's neither the larger spoiler, nor the bigger wheels. I want the Touring for the suspension. I have rented base Priuses before and I have driven a Touring Prius for three days and I like the Touring better, it is not as soft and takes winding roads better, with less body sway and less under steer.

10. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, and for the ~$500 difference in comparably optioned standard vs Touring Prius, it's a bargain. It's by far my biggest regret -- not getting the Touring Prius.

11. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You are able to get the Touring Prius 5 in IL and IN. If you are willing to make the drive to pick them up here. I shopped and ended up getting a pkg 6 since I wanted the leather when I sat in a pkg 5.

12. mdahl

mdahl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just got a Touring package 5 here in the Boston area, even though (last I checked) the Touring in any form isn't listed in the Toyota website configurator for local zipcodes. Luckily I found a dealer (Anthony Clarke, Acton Toyota) who was willing to do a search through inventory in transit and reallocate something that was still on the boat over. I was originally told two months to get it in the color I wanted. I waited a month to get it in another color, but then at the last minute by some fluke got my color choice after all. So hopefully you can find a local dealer who'll help you grab a Touring #5 as they trickle in.

-Matt