1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where can I find stats for NYS that show how many EV's and PHEV's are registered here?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jimbo69ny, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I am putting together a business plan that I plan on presenting to my city. Once I find a local electrical company, I am hoping to approach the city and propose installation of EV charging stations in local state parks.

So far my hope is that I can find an electrical company who is willing to supply the electrical wire, breaker and labor.
    I plan to provide the EVSE.
    And I want the City of Ithaca to provide the electric and a dedicated EV parking space.

Ithaca is a very "green" city. I think they will be very receptive to it. I have already started installation of EVSE's at my rental properties for my tenants. Hopefully I can get the city to follow suit. However, I need to put together a plan and I need to find EV stats.

2. Jimbo69ny

Jimbo69ny Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone else has done something similar in their town/city I would be very interested in hearing about it. If it worked an you have a great business plan I would love to see it.

3. striker308

striker308 Three time Prius owner

Evans, NY (USA) / South Williamsport, PA (USA)
    Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good luck, Electric companies for the most part in NYS are union. The idea that they would supply the wire at the current cost of copper and the labor (would cost more than the wire @ union rates) isn't going to be an easy thing to do. you might get this accepted closer to the city but in southern/western/south-central NYS the drives are all too long to make EV's a high demand item. I'd love to see it happen :) but don't kill yourself trying, they(we) as a region aren't ready yet :mad: I would look more in the direction of grants to pay for these than i would waste time on donated supplies or services.

4. striker308

striker308 Three time Prius owner

Evans, NY (USA) / South Williamsport, PA (USA)
    Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Dumb question here but did you check with the DMV in Albany about the # of EV's?

5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    DMV makes sense. I assume the reg has the fuel type so it would be a simple query.