1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where can I get a deep cycle battery to use as the 12 volt battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by wbs887700, Feb 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbs887700

wbs887700 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I need to replace my 12 volt battery and I want a deep cycle battery because I have a 1500 watt power inverter connected to my 12 volt battery that I use to power high-powered electronics.

Can you post a link to one (or more) that you know of? I want it to fit where the OEM battery goes, and I want the lid to fit on top. Also, how do you wire it? Like, how do you connect the positive and negative terminals to the car?

I want the biggest deep cycle battery (the most amp hours) that I can fit in the battery cubby.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no idea. check with a marine supply company?

the battery cables connect like any car, but they won't fit a standard battery, you would need to cut them off and install the correct size.

also, you need a battery size that will fit the pan and total area, or do some sheet metal work.

safety wise, you might want a battery that won't explode in a rear end collision.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.