1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do I find a front tow cap cover?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by BoydII, May 8, 2024.

Tags:
  1. BoydII

BoydII New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Afternoon all!

I have a Sea Glass Pearl 2013 Toyota Prius Four. One of the tow eye caps is missing and the only replacements I can find are black. Where do I get a sea glass pearl one?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Paint the toe hook see glass green and leave it in looks like a windup for a toy car. Seriously though other than off of a sea glass green in the junkyard or eBay looking for such and they're going to probably make you buy the whole front bumper cover so you have to buy a black one and paint it yeah I know sucks

3. don K otay

don K otay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a pair of black ones on Ebay for $6. As long as they match I think it’s kosher.
    Or you might inquire at a vinyl sign shop to match the color.

#3 don K otay, May 8, 2024
    Last edited: May 8, 2024
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Just buy the matching paint in the smallest spray can you can get on Amazon for that sea green or whatever you call it and just shoot it right on a piece of wood in the carport two quick passes should be good to go never notice it I think this is part of the front bumper cover and you'll play hell finding it separately and any kind of colors black only probably

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    On 3rd Gen those caps were on pretty securely (in comparison, 4th Gen’s were getting knocked off in car washes). For whatever reason, since yours has proven capable of coming off, maybe put a dab or two of something, say silicone caulk, to hold it more securely, but still allow removal with some effort.

don K otay likes this.