1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do I find an ....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by douglasjre, Mar 22, 2018.

1. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    adapter for my pressure testing kit to fit the prius?

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I assume by “pressure test” you mean a test of the engine cooling system, as would be done with a radiator cap tester, not checking the air pressure in the tires, engine compression, or something else.

Toyota’s Repair Manual recommends two special service tools, the Radiator Cap Tester, 09230-40010, and Radiator Cap Tester Adapter Set C, 09231-40030, but these don’t seem to be readily available.

Stant Corp. says their adapters 12024 and 12025 fit the cap and cooling system, respectively, on the 2010 Prius, and if you enter one of these part numbers on their parts lookup website and click INTERCHANGE, it shows several alternatives. There a brief description on page 270 of their catalog (PDF).

I have no experience with any of these adapters, and I don’t know if the Stant adapters would work with your kit, but I hope this information is helpful.

Mendel Leisk likes this.