1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do you buy parts?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by VicVinegar, Sep 15, 2013.

1. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was thinking of grabbing some 0w-20, oil filters, an air filter, and a cabin air filter to keep on hand and have been scouring websites rather than calling my local dealers who apparently don't want to sell parts through their websites.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a "go-to" site they order their maintenance or other parts from. So far, I've found a site that seems to win on price, but no idea how painless the order will be.

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Check prices on eBay and Amazon, that's where I look for maintenance items.

TsKarma likes this.
  3. TsKarma

TsKarma Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You may also want to check your local dealership websites for DIY specials or parts coupon. Just keep mind sometimes Amazon or eBay may still come out cheaper...which is why we call them stealership ;)

4. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

I wasn't expecting much, especially since they make their prices a secret. Although I should have just gone down the street on Friday and grabbed some stuff to do a change this weekend. By the time I get the stuff bought, I'll be too close to 10k to make it worthwhile.

5. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I get my DIY parts at the dealer. Their prices are reasonable, especially when considering shipping costs. This way I get what I need when I need it and do not have to store anything at the house.