1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do you keep your phone(s)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott near L.A., Jul 13, 2012.

1. Scott near L.A.

Scott near L.A. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    A poster on the "features-you-discovered thread", wrote: You can have 2 phones connected to the cars bluetooth at the same time, one for music, and one for the phone. The car will automatically switch to the one connected to the phone if you get a call."
    Assuming that at least one of the phones is connected via the USB cable, where do the phone(s) set. The brochure for the 2012 Pruis (we are considering buy the IV) does not show any place designed to hold a phone. Do you just keep one phone in your pocket connected via bluetooth and any phone (or IPOD) connected to the USB port sits on the floor in that console pass through area?

2. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Assume not padawan. Phone stays in the pocket where it belongs. Everything is Bluetooth.

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My iPhone stays in my pocket, connected via BlueTooth.

My early 2010 Prius V was delivered before they released the USB connector, but even if my car had USB, I wouldn't use it because the functionality gained by being physically connected (which is very limited and clunky) isn't worth the additional effort to connect and disconnect.

ProximalSuns likes this.
  4. Scott near L.A.

Scott near L.A. New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks everyone for the info. Originally, we were researching cars to decide which one we'll get in late September. We're liking the Prius so much that we might buy one today instead (at least we're heading to the dealer to "negotiate" today).

5. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine usually goes in the front most cupholder or every now and then the little storage area underneath the shifter.

6. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    First time I drove the car today and I just had my iPhone on the passenger seat. Probably not the best idea in case of a quick stop though. My wife uses the cupholder I believe.

Bluetooth only of course.

7. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not quite the same thing... but I have an iPhone connected via Bluetooth that sits in a Proclip on the dash. I have an iPod connected to USB via a short cable inside the center console. It just lives there.