1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where do you put your parking stickers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LewLasher, May 12, 2004.

1. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    This is of particular importance in places such as Cambridge, Massachusetts, where cars bear their annual resident parking stickers like merit badges.

But there are lots of other kinds of parking stickers: for apartment buildings, parking garages, military bases.

The back window on the Prius doesn't seem to have a lot of extra room for the portfolio of stickers that I would expect to accumulate over the lifetime of the vehicle. (In principle, you can and should remove the previous year's sticker when you get the new one, but no one ever does.) I filled up a row along the bottom of the rear window on my 1994 Camry station wagon with the eleven stickers I have so far from 1994-2004, and I'm not looking forward to having to start a second row next year. (Maybe that's enough of a reason to give up on the Camry and get a Prius?)

2. Sun__Tzu

Sun__Tzu New Member

We recently had to start putting parking stickers on all our street parked car. To avoid having to attack my windshield to get it off, I only pealed half of the wax backing off, so the sticker is really only half stuck on. I haven't tried taking it off yet (even though it expired last month), but I assume it'll be easier to get off this way. Hope that helps.

3. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Whenever I have to do that, I use cling film. Put the un sticky parking sticker in the middle of the cling, then cling it to the window. It can come off a thousand times and doesnt hurt anything.

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't have a choice. DC mandates where my Residental Parking Sticker Shall Be.

If I don't put it there, within the specified tolerances, the hyper-efficient DC Parking Enforcement Officers will happily issue me a ticket a day until I bring it into compliance.