1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where have all the Prius gone?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jkash, Aug 9, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just read this on National Geographic's site. Now we know where some of the Prius have gone. I wonder if they paid MSRP.

Jeff

Drive a hybrid car. With a fleet upward of 250 cars, EV Rental Cars (www.evrental.com), offers eco-friendly cars at eight metropolitan locations including, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, and Washington, D.C., through its partnership with Budget (www.budget.com).

Enterprise Rent-a-Car (www.enterprise.com) followed suit in May and acquired some 2,700 Toyota Prius models for rent in select U.S. cities.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Enterprise listing of "select US cities" includes Helena Montana! I suspect Toyota is using them to provide rides for folks who's Prius is in the shop. I wanted to rent one when I visited my son last month and could not get near on they (one 04 and 01-03s) were all out. I would imagine that they have a "relationship" on the price both ways. The state has a small fleet for state workers to use as does the state of Washington. I also heard that Washington has ordered a number of Ford Escape Hybrids. I guess we have to share with the fleet sales.