1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where have all the V's gone

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Mx5, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Mx5

Mx5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I started looking about three weeks ago and there was plenty of inventory. Now it's very difficult to find any 3's yet alone in the colors we like.
    Did the C use up production capabilities?

2. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I've been going to our local Toyota dealer often this year, sometimes several times a week, for parts or service or whatever. This is a VERY large dealer, with a huge showroom, larger service facility, a gigantic lot and a multi-story parking building just for new car inventory.

They never have any Prius v's on display in the showroom and haven't since they came out in October. I asked and was told they're all sold before they arrive. I never heard of that before but, in the case of this dealer, I believe it.

3. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The east coast? We've been short here for months. W

4. hoddy4

hoddy4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    There is one at our dealership right now and I have never seen more than two. When they come in, they go out very quickly.

5. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, you have to admit. The v is a different style prius. The Prius shape has not changed that much from its iconic look for quite some time. The c and v body frames and the rear window give a better room impression than the standard prius.

6. equinoxc

equinoxc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On Long Island, NY, I got my model 2 at the end of March. Silver with dark interior ( light interior was my first choice ). I have not seen any other Prius v on the road.

7. bkman

bkman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There is only blacks Prius v Two now in Northern CA.

Thinking about jump to a plane and fly to LA to buy a white one.

8. Andrewlcox

Andrewlcox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just got notified by my dealer here in Decatur, IL that they will have my v 5 w/ ATP here this week. They stressed how hard it was to get it so I'm sure they want compensated. I think they traded their black v 5 w/o ATP for mine.

I'll let you all know how the numbers crunch out.

Andy

9. 09Priusman

09Priusman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The wife's v5/Tech is coming in at the end of the week, or early next week. I bought it for her on the 2nd. Yes, the salesperson keeps telling me how lucky we are to get one, as most are pre-sold before they hit the US. The same thing happened when the Honda Fit hit the US in 2007 and you couldn't find one for love or money; now you can get one everywhere.

10. HutchKC

HutchKC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    We had 4 dealers in the St Louis area looking in a 200 mile radius for a 3 or 5 in gray metallic. Only found one 3. We bought it Saturday. Granted, only one of those dealers seemed to actually look for one. But the two dealers we visted each only had one v2 on site.

11. Mx5

Mx5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    V3 seams like the best deal, backup camera and nav for $700.
    Yet all I can find are the V2.
    Why would the dealers not get in the more expensive cars.
    Is seams like an easy upsell

12. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Around here you're much more likely to see a Prius c on the road than a Prius v. Has Toyota ramped up the production of the Prius c at the expense of Prius v production?

The lack of Prius vs on the road isn't due to the Prius being unpopular in AZ. You see the liftback everywhere. We've had people ask to sit in our v because the dealers never have any in their showrooms.

Anyway, I'm glad my wife insisted that we be early buyers of the Prius v even though it meant buying it in California and paying CA sales tax.

13. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It is hard to actually get a lot of the higher models because you never know how much people are willing to spend. For instance, it is easier to have the base model to hit the lowest common denominator and work up, but harder to get people to be willing to jump to a mid or upper level car if people are tight on cash in this current economy. Having the expensive stock just sitting around is harder to move than the cheaper ones.

14. da-baron

da-baron New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    the dealership we bought from sells them as fast as they come off the truck. we took delivery and two customers were buying cars that were still on the truck being unloaded. crazy.

15. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'm just glad that I bought mine on Superbowl Sunbday for $460 under MSRP and got the full $898 protection package including the full florr and cargo mat set, window tinting, clear door and wheel well guard protecytion film and the clear rear bumpter top protector for "free."

The salsesman said that the car had been on the showroom floor for 2 weeks. Another one in the lot sold in two days later, I was told, when I picked mine up.

16. parity

parity New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When I bought mine, I bought it the day it came into the dealership. However I had been looking around/negotiating for a little while. For whatever reason there weren't too many with dark grey interior available. Mostly bisque which I didn't like.

17. 12get12

12get12 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    V2 comes with a backup camera. What you're getting for $700 is NAV, Entune and Voice Command. I use my iPhone for NAV, Music and Voice Command.

18. priuseus

priuseus New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Sorry people its because of me.. LoL. Bought one Feb this year,, week later another Prius V rear ends me.. both vehicles totaled. only had 300 miles on that car. I purchased another one 3 days ago and the other other party who rear ended me probably purchased another prius V..

19. Mx5

Mx5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you, I was misreading the site this will make more options available and be able to take advantage of the newspaper ads this weekend.