1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is my fog light indicator?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hryb, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was reading this thread, and saw darelldd's image of the Prius dashboard display w/ the EV indicator. Since I am in NA, I know I don't have that indicator, but I could not help noticing the other icons on the display, specifically the three on the far left. I think at least one of them is for fog lights. I though, well at the very least I should have that icon on my dash since I have a 2007 w/ Package NW (Nav, leather AND yes...the fog lights.) So on my way home tonight, I had my lights and fog lights on. Nope...no fog light indicator.

I have attached a picture of what my display looks like.

So the question is: Should I have a fog light indicator icon? Is my display normal? What are all the icons way over to the left on darelldd's image?

thanks.

Attached Files:

• dash.jpg
      dash.jpg
      File size:
      55.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Drainedclog

Drainedclog New Member

wow ur prius barely has any miles on it
    when did u buy it? i bought it 2 1/2 weeks ago and it has like 1k+ miles
    and the ev indicator if u mean electric only mode
    only exists in europe
    but fog light indicator?? isnt that the light bulb?

3. Drainedclog

Drainedclog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hryb @ Feb 16 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]391814[/snapback]</div>
    well first as u can tell his lucky car is from prob the uk since the transmission is going from the left to right
    i think its from not usa
    and he stated in his mods that he did alot of things that u shldnt be receiving
    one of such is the fog light indicator
    and with the fog light indicator...isnt that automatically turned on when u turn on the lights, thus incorporated into the light indicator

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The only indication that your fog lights are on is if you look at the switch. No lights on the display, and barely visible lights on the ground.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Feb 17 2007, 01:01 AM) [snapback]391915[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! So true. :D

Tom

6. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They probably assume you can tell your fogs are on by looking out the windshield. At night, you can see them hit the roadway.

I don't know why they bothered with the headlight indicator.

7. Hryb

Hryb electic

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks guys.

I was afraid something was not hooked up.

I went and looked at the UK 'Brief Guide' (PDF here, page 9) and was able to decode them. The indicators are for tail lights, fog lights and rear fog lights. Not sure why you need a tail light and indicator..but oh well.

I guess I am bummed that I don't even have a fog light indicator, when the UK version seems to OVER communicate what your various light status is ;)

Jaqueh : I picked my car up on 1/11/07...

8. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Feb 17 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]392037[/snapback]</div>
    Barely. Of course, it might help a little if I washed them off again. They get dirty faster than the headlights.

Dave M.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hryb @ Feb 17 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]392041[/snapback]</div>
    The US cars get the "headlight on" indicator. Canadian models have the "taillight on" indicator.

10. Sleeper

Sleeper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Feb 18 2007, 02:58 AM) [snapback]392188[/snapback]</div>

Checked the indicator on my 2007 Prius. One month old today!

There are two fog light symbols on the right side of the display. One for the front and one for the rear.

And the front ones make life a little brighter, when driving home from late night work in foggy winter mornings....!

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sleeper @ Feb 17 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]392203[/snapback]</div>
    I wonder if you get different bulbs than us. Our foglights are kinda useless. They need to be brighter.

12. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaqueh @ Feb 16 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]391820[/snapback]</div>

seriously those are low miles, I bought mine 2 weeks ago yesterday and I already have 1800miles!!