1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is the hybrid battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lenjack, Dec 23, 2006.

1. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've had mine for 3 weeks and love it. Figured out the location of everything except the hybrid battery. Perhaps this is elementary, but where is it, and can it be seen? just curiousity...I have no need or desire to fool with it. I understand the signifigance of the clad orange cables.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lenjack @ Dec 23 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]366083[/snapback]</div>
    It sounds like your dealer didn't do a very good job of explaining the car to you at delivery. Mine showed me when I picked my car up. It's in the back of the car behind the back seats. Open the hatch, remove the folding floor panel and the black storage tub to reveal the spare tire. If you look forward, you should be able to see a large silver box the spans the width of the car.

http://techinfo.toyota.com/public/main/2ndprius.pdf has more details or look at http://privatenrg.com/PriusBattery.htm#BattOpen.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lenjack @ Dec 23 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]366083[/snapback]</div>
    The INFO-SHEET was created for the very purpose of answering questions just like yours, an introduction to Prius.

On the back is a photo of the battery-pack as it appears in the car.

4. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III