1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where is the USB Port?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Paul58, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all:

Just picked up our new Prius last night. It's the III with Nav. Left the dealership at about 9:30 last night and have been reading the manuals all morning. The window sticker says the Nav Option (NW) includes "USB Port with iPod Connectivity" I have been through the main manual and the Nav Manual and see no reference to this USB Port anywhere! Can anyone help me out? Thanks...

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's in the center armrest console, on the bottom rear.

3. ckk527

ckk527 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As Stream said, it's in the center console. However, if you use a bluetooth-enabled device for your tunes, try that, too, and compare the differences in the way they each interface. I have a III with nav/sunroof and have found that I prefer the bluetooth interface when using my iPhone for music. USB for iPod, though.

Enjoy getting acquainted with your new Prius! I'm still in the honeymoon phase with mine, having picked it up in May.

4. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I finally got both my BlackBerry and my iPod to sync with the BlueTooth. Unfortunately, it does not appear as though both can be connected at the same time, i.e. be able to listen to my iPod via BlueTooth and have it automatically switch and accept an incoming call on my BlackBerry.

I did find the USB Port (Thanks much for the guidance), so I'll probably use that for the iPod so I have the BlueTooth for the BlackBerry!

Thanks again for the help!