1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where plug in 12-volt handheld vacuum cleaner?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by davide, Sep 1, 2012.

1. davide

davide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I finally bought my silver Prius C2--and lovin' it! (Sorry no photo yet...when I get an iPod Touch I'll remedy that.) About a hand-vac:

The car has a 12-volt battery, so I've cleverly deduced that I could buy a 12-volt handheld vacuum cleaner for it. But where would I plug it in? Down under the back seat? (It's nighttime, & don't feel like poking around out in my apt. building's parking lot.) Better to ask the folks here. :)

2. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    There is only ONE 12-volt outlet - on the front dash, centered under the radio.

[​IMG]

Personally, I'd rather plug a full sized Hover into a garage wall outlet but if you're mobile or in an apartment parking lot - you gotta use what you have.

davide likes this.
  3. davide

davide Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. I also have found a similar drawing on p. 333 of the manual, under "power outlet". I haven't decided on a handheld vac yet---I'll probably get one that's good for inside my apt. too, not just "automotive".

4. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You are probably best to start the car. The 12V in my Gen II is very small, and I don't like to drag it down. With the car on, the hybrid battery will recharge it. (and the engine will recharge that).

5. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    As small as the C is, you could probably just use one of the big vacs at a car wash on one set of quarters. And you'd do a better job than a little hand held thing.

secondspassed likes this.
  6. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Mhmm. Yep

[​IMG]

7. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    The 12V outlet is deactivated when the car is turned "OFF". Therefore to run your 12V vac you will need to turn the car "ON". But you won't be able to run a very powerful vac from it. I suggest getting a 115V vac and an extension cord.