1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

where the heck is john1701a!?!?!?!?etc

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fred, Apr 5, 2005.

1. fred

fred New Member

where the heck is john 1701a. ive been waiting for the new log for weeks with baited breath. i shant go on like this anymore, john! get with it.your audience is going nuts waiting for the latest installment :cussing: :cussing:
    whew i feel better now.(vent, vent)

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ummm.... minnesota??

3. fred

fred New Member

well see, that explains it! probably still in a snow drift.

4. ml194152

ml194152 Member

I saw him over on the Yahoo Prius 2G chatroom the other day....

5. fred

fred New Member

well, whats with that!

6. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Say something bad about a Prius and he'll be here in a jiffy. He's like a faithful dog that sleeps with one eye open. Watch.....

I hear you can be electrocuted if you drive a Prius in the rain so what do all of you do in bad weather?

7. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You have to shine the image of a Prius on the clouds to get my attention...

The next installment is quite amusing. There's at least 9 pages of new stuff on the way. As you can imagine, a lot has happened in the world of hybrids lately.

And of course, real life has come crashing down on me. The merger at work has put a ton more pressure on my already hectic job. Strangely though, I do still enjoy it. Perhaps it has something to do with the drive to & from work. Hmm?

By the way, I've been trying to get other aspects of Prius stuff done in the meantime too. I'm just dying to get back to my pile of unpublished photos from last year still.

8. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee Ray!!

it worked!!

9. fred

fred New Member

ray YOU are a GENIUS!!!!!! YOUWERE RIGHT!ooops dont mean to shout too loud. im glad, john you are still alive and ticking
    fred, your non green friend from nashville loves your logs and 62.573% of your comments!!! :p

10. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

I enjoy reading the logs, but they can be hard to follow. For example, John often alludes a discussion on a forum without telling what the discussion was about. Am I reading them the wrong way?

11. fred

fred New Member

sometimes they can be a little long or convoluted, but i skip the ones that dont ring right with me. that ssaid , they are by far the absolute best, most fun, interesting and all other praises that exists for toyota. i hope john never lets life interfere with our fun with his logs. i am a TRUE FAN !!

12. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    kidtwist: in an effort to reduce bandwidth and load pages quicker, instead of rehashing a topic that has already been discussed and is known by members of the forum that have been here a while, we post references that you can copy and paste into a new browser window to read the post if necessary.

a good example is a 5 page document that fusco created on how to get good mileage in your Prius and what will cause you to get poor mileage. he will frequently post an address that has the link to the document in the post. that way, people who want to look at it can and those who have already seen it dont have to load the extra infomation.

iow, we dont want to duplicate info if we dont have too. links are provided because the topic was discussed and there was great convo on it that should be read.

13. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It is actually fun documenting history, especially from a participant point-of-view. Things have changed a lot over the past few years. People often forget about some of the crap that was pulled. Some didn't have the opportunity to get the full story. So I ramble hoping after you filter, the good stuff will fall out.

I bet it can be somewhat confusing though, since I don't always provide enough background (exposition can sometimes be pain, especially for those on-going sagas).