1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where the windshield meets the dash

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Proco, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As I was driving in to work today I noticed a black styro/foam rubber type strip popping up where the windshield & dash come together. It doesn't appear to go all the way across the dash. It's only on the driver's side. I ran my finger along the passenger side & couldn't feel anything.

Is this some kind of cushioning that's coming loose? Or is it just something my dealer forgot to remove before I picked up the car?

I've had the car a little over 6 weeks and I just noticed this. I'd post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera.

Thanks!
    Mike

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think those are one of the packing items the dealer neglected to remove. I vaguely remember taking something like that out of my Prius when I picked it up.

3. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Aug 17 2006, 10:00 AM) [snapback]304622[/snapback]</div>
    Given the history I have with this particular dealer, I've been leaning that direction myself. I just want to make sure I don't remove something that actually belongs there.

I recently removed two little clear plastic triangles over the corner of the plastic where the dash meets the little side windows.

4. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Aug 17 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]304629[/snapback]</div>
    I have those little plastic triangles too...everytime I see them I think I will cut them out the next time I am near a pair of scissors but then I forget... :rolleyes:

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Aug 17 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]304631[/snapback]</div>
    To get them out I worked a finger underneath each one and gripped it with a finger from the other hand (the angle made it tough to use the same hand). Then I just started working them up. The plastic by the little window popped up a little bit and the clear covers slid off. Then a little push to pop the plastic back into place.

6. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    EDIT: wow.. double post sorry

7. cattail722

cattail722 cattail722

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the same thing in my car, driver side as well. I keep thinking I can push it down one day and keep forgetting....maybe it comes out instead?

8. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Aug 17 2006, 09:13 AM) [snapback]304631[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, you can remove those.

BE CAREFUL!

The plastic scratches easily. And there's no need to cut. They are not attached, just folded over. Wiggle something soft but stiff behind and work them out (and keep the dirty jokes to yourself). :D

I removed mine because I was concerned that the plastic over the plastic in the sun would cause fading variances.