1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to buy audible door lock kits?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by atikovi, Aug 14, 2006.

1. atikovi

atikovi Junior Member

I ordered a kit from Coastal 6 months ago and now they say they can't get them. Any other source? Who is the manufacturer?

2. ken_sturrock

ken_sturrock New Member

Is this one of those kits that makes your car honk obnoxiously whenever you lock and unlock the doors? If so, please reconsider installing it - the rest of society will thank you.

-Ken
    (crabby)

3. Festus

Festus New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ken Sturrock @ Aug 14 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]303160[/snapback]</div>
    LOL
    I agree. That is so obnoxious. I made sure that the Prius did _not_ do that before buying one.

4. jtullos

jtullos New Member

A quick check, and this is a kit designed to make the car honk when you lock it. Personally, in most situations, I can hear the beep just fine. And in some (away from a busy street, in garage, etc.), I can hear the door locking in addition to the beep.

5. atikovi

atikovi Junior Member

It's the type that beeps when you press the lock button on the remote. It's way more convenient listening to a beep while walking away from the car than standing there and watching for the lights to flash.