1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to buy in Az.?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Carnutt, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thinking of a new Prius as an extra car. Where's the best dealer to buy in Az., a place that won't try to add a "market value" price or other dealer add-on(s) ?

2. kjconrad

kjconrad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I put a deposit down last weekend at Avondale Toyota. They are charging $500 UNDER MSRP, no extra dealer add-on are necessary (although I think we are going to get the windows tinted for $220).

The bad news was that our salesman said the wait was probably going to be about 4 months, however we have only given him one color/package choice.

If you'd like our salesman's name (he was super friendly and not at all pushy) let me know.

3. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Best bet is emailing the internet sales people. It's no nonsense. They have only so much room to move on price, it's better than the regular sales folks, and they also won't waste your time. And they don't want you to waste their time either as they try to do alot of sales and lower prices.

Research options, decide what you want/need, call several dealer's internet sales' depts, compare prices, pick one, then test drive. And then wait for that cargo ship to steam across the ocean.

4. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I second Avondale. They are fair dealers and won't jerk you around. When we bought ours in May 07, they told us they don't mark up over MSRP, but that there would be a waiting list once supply got scarce.

We went in May 08 hoping to buy a second Prius, but didn't want to wait for it. We ended up with a Scion xB from them and a great trade-in on our Tacoma - actually $200 over what KBB said we could expect for trade. It was a painless experience and we've bought three vehicles from them in the past 2 years. We'll be back next time we need to get another vehicle.

5. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks to the above posters for your insight.

FWIW, Right Toyota was obnoxious:eek:.

6. 08 mag grey

08 mag grey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I ordered my 08 Prius on 6/13 from Precision Toyota in Tucson and was told today that it should be here early next week. Touring, Pkg 6.
    Going to the dealer tomorrow, 6 27, to complete the paperwork.
    They're charging $475 over MSRP. Thery're suppose to be the largest Prius dealer in the Colorado region.

Bob

7. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Pulled the trigger: I put down a deposit for a Prius with opt. pkg 6 at Avondale Toyota (Josh) for $500 under MSRP and no dealer add-ons.

Thus far, great experience. Agree with the above posters who recommended them.:D Thanks.

8. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Looks like times have changed with recent fuel price increases. According to those posting under PriusChat Dealers and Pricing, it's difficult to get under MSRP now. Bet our resale value has improved as well!

9. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got both my 2007 and 2008 (to replace the 07 that was totaled in an accident) from the internet department of Larry Miller Toyota in Peoria. No nonsense and no add ons. I did use the Costco program which does not allow and of the crap from the dealers. If you are a Costco member any dealer in the program should be good.

10. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to see the Avondale recommendations. I selected them for my 2010 Pre-order, mostly because of the lower sales tax, but because my in-laws had a good experience w/ a pre-owned car there. Didn't help that I hadn't heard the same feedback about Larry Miller (which is closer to Surprise).

11. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Per HTMLSpinnr's suggestion, I just put down a deposit on a 2010 at Avondale Toyota . :rockon:

They are very friendly and didn't attempt to force any unwanted add-ons or sell above MSRP.

Good luck in your search!

12. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been working w/ Avondale over the past week and they've been extremely helpful in battling for the customer w/ some confusion between region and Toyota. In this area, I truly wouldn't go anywhere else. They appear to be a good, honest store.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a contact name to work with there.

13. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I had a very good experience, got a great price and service has been phenomenal at Big Two Toyota in Gilbert. As a matter of fact, I bought my '09 at $8k below sticker (I pulled a few strings and bent a few elbows).

14. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Any deals out there on a 2010?

How much did you put for a deposit at Avondale Toyota? When did they tell you that you probably would be able to take delivery?

15. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Most dealers in the valley are marking up 2010's or throwing on forced dealer added accessories like alarms, tint, etc.

Avondale Toyota is dealing MSRP plus whatever port options that come from port and NO dealer add-ons. Once demand settles, they'll likely move to $500 under MSRP. This is a 1 price store though - no haggling. They do treat you VERY well, and the 7.8% sales tax rate is lowest in the valley. It's a one man show start to finish, no pressure, no "finance guy" to beat on you after 2-3 sales guys beat you into buying the car.

Picked up the first 2010 Prius in the entire SW region from them on Saturday 5/30/2009 (Prius Priority). This experience was as good as the fleet/internet person I dealt with in CA for my first two cars.

16. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Picked up the first 2010 Prius in AZ from them on Saturday 5/30/2009 (Prius Priority). This experience was as good as the fleet/internet person I dealt with in CA for my first two cars.

Who did you deal with at Avondale Toyota?

17. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Chuck Newman, but at times the General Manager, Brad Barnett, as well as a gentleman named Chris who's on Chuck's team.

1 person likes this.
  18. Chat

Chat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Glad to hear you got your new Prius....Incredible car isnt it..

Best Regards

Chad

19. Carnutt

Carnutt Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Did you use the Costco program for a 2010 Prius?

20. tokevino

tokevino A Mac user good at PCs

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Got mine at Avondale Toyota. Great dealer. Bought 3 new cars from them so far. No non-sense and don't feel the pressure of sale.

They do not negotiate price, but they do not force add-ons, and they discount vehicles automatically if it is on promotion.