1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to buy Optima 12v batteries in Canada

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by snookums, Jul 6, 2010.

1. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good afternoon fellow Canucks,

I have been searching for a place to buy an Optima battery in Canada (Toronto specifically) for about week. Optima's site is no help as all the "authorized dealers" it has listed are out of business (for years sometimes) or don't carry the yellow-cap D51.

I've seen some places that ship from the US to Canada, but I have never had a good experience with that; mostly because I get charged 15% duty and tax on top of a cross-border shipping charge.

So, if anyone on the board knows where in Canada I can get one of these things I would greatly appreciate it.

tia

2. anymouse

anymouse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm looking to buy one as well.
    Does anyone know if eLearnAid ships to Canada or where one may be available in Ontario?

3. anymouse

anymouse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    To answer my own question;
    national4wdonline dot com/

More expensive than the OEM and I'm not sure if the difference is worth it.:confused:

4. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Honest question: are there Costco or Sams club stores where you live? I have seen optimas there before.

5. snookums

snookums Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    @anymouse: Yes, eLearnAid ships to Canada... for like $70 extra. The shipping is also an estimate, and you will have to pay tax/duty on it when you collect it from the depot.

@a_gray_prius: Yes, and that was my first stop; they don't carry Optima anymore because they did not sell well. At least, not at the three CostCos I visited/called.

I'm calling local body shops, but so far nothing.