1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to find FAST harness and adapters for Bazooka?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by KipsDad, Jul 18, 2006.

1. KipsDad

KipsDad New Member

Ok, I am at a loss... I have scoured the web, and I cannot find any source that carries the FAST-8113 adapter for the 03 JBL Prius!!

My bazooka is on the way, and I would like to have all of the wireing ready to go prior to that.

So those of you that bought the FAST harnesses and the extensions, if needed... PLEASE let me know where you got it from!!!

Thanks!!!

KipsDad

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    you could try the bazooka "find a retailer" page (http://www.sasbazooka.com/findARetailer.asp). even if the retailer doesn't carry that particular adapter, they could probably order it for ya. optionally, i believe crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com) is their "official" online retailer. you could give them a call (i don't see the product listed on their site), and they could probably get the right adapter ordered for you (i've had great experiences with asking them to do stuff before)

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KipsDad @ Jul 18 2006, 11:18 AM) [snapback]288148[/snapback]</div>
    Best source, do a google search for the FAST adapter part number. I got mine from a dealer in CA several months ago and I dispossed their contact. ;)

4. KipsDad

KipsDad New Member

Well, update:

After going to 5 diff Circuit Citys and calling Crutchfield... I called 1-800-The-Tube and ordered direct from Bazooka.

I tell ya... here are 3 excuses that 3 different CC gave me as to why they don't have it/work on Prii:

A.) turn the screen pink.
    B.) cause the car to go into "emergency shutdown mode" and will need a dealer to "reboot" it.
    C.) most likely start an electrical fire due to the engine not being powerful enough to supply power to the vehicle when a stereo is connected.

My Lord... I cannot believe that these people are allowed to touch other people's things....

I mean.... hell... the only thing I am really scratching my head about is what is the upper limit of totally Wattage that the Prius can handle... But for now... I am just putting in a Bazooka.

5. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I got it from SonicElectronix, which was the only place I could find. This retailer "trans ships" products, selling things over the internet that the manufacturer doesn't want sold over the internet.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_5212.html

I later had some problems with this retailer on another order, which I posted on reseller ratings:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller9262.html

so I would advise people to stay away from this retailer if they could find it anywhere else.

6. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I ordered mine from Sonic and had no problems. (FWIW).

Nate

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

03 JBL? Are we really talking about an 04?