1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

where to get BT mods- strut tower brace, skid plate, chassis stiffening plate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by nohoprius, Aug 9, 2011.

1. nohoprius

nohoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello- am a newbie here on the forum so i appreciate your patience and help.
    looking to get these:
    1) the BT chassis stiffener
    2) the BT skid plate protector
    3) the BT strut tower brace

perhaps you kind folks could give me your input or direct me to somewhere i might be able to get these, since they seem to be unavailable on the priuschat site here. thanks for your comments/advice/input

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not sure why you're looking specifically for BT products. You're right they are hard to find now. There are 1 or 2 chassis stiffeners on eBay that are custom made. Anyways, I think you should look into other suspension upgrades. The 3 you listed happen to be the weakest improvements IMO. You want real upgrades:

Rear sway bar
    Lowering springs
    Spacers or wider/larger rims

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I second Mac's post. If you really want to enhance the handling of the Prius go with the mods he suggested.

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We lost Brian from BT Tech in a motorcycle accident more than 2 years ago. It will be hard to find BT product, if they still make them.

You may just have to go with the alternatives on ebay. I have Tanabe strut tower bar and it helps a lot. It gives a noticeable handling improvement and the price ($120?) is right. Installation isn't that hard but you'll need to take out the front wipers.

5. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Check my post regarding the ebay strut tower brace:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-prius-modifications/95383-ebay-strut-tower-brace-45-any-good.html

maybe the cheap ebay strut tower (Tanabe clone) isn't for you, but the installation instructions are pretty much universal for the strut tower brace regardless of the brand name. the G7 under chasis brace isn't bad either, especially when it's $45 shipped!

McMaster is right your best mods will be Rear sway bar Lowering springs and 16 or 17 inch rims.

6. Daves09prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    do you have HID's? I can show you how to remove the headlight assembly in under 5 minutes without removing the bumper. That is if you ever need to or want to change the bulbs

7. HTA

HTA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone have a bt tech skid plate they want to sell or know where to get one?

8. harrybet

harrybet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Am looking for BT Tech skid plate for gen.2 prius .

9. Daves09prius

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Unfortunately, like usbseawolf2000 said:

We lost Brian from BT Tech in a motorcycle accident more than 2 years ago. It will be hard to find BT product, if they still make them. He was an awesome contributor to the Prius community, and he will be sadly missed. You may just have to go with the alternatives on ebay. I have Tanabe strut tower bar and it helps a lot. It gives a noticeable handling improvement and the price ($120?) is right. Installation isn't that hard but you'll need to take out the front wipers.

10. ADAMBOMB

ADAMBOMB New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I Have a couple brand new in the box BT skid Plate Protector.