1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to Improve credit score

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by KenMarshall, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenMarshall

KenMarshall New Member

Thanks for helping

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KenMarshall @ May 6 2007, 02:28 AM) [snapback]436272[/snapback]</div>
    you can improve your credit score yourself,

write all 3 credit reporting angencies, get a copy of your credit report ( this is free if someone denies you)
    and deny any incorrect info

do not have a lot of inquiries (they hurt your score) an inquiry is put on file anytime you apply for credit

keep all your accounts balances relatively low with high credit lines available
    ( it hurts your report if you are maxed out on them)

keep your accounts current by paying your bills on time

consider closing accounts if you think you have too many
    consider opening accounts if you think you dont have enough

washington mutual has a fica score simulator. so you can play with the numbers and see
    how it might impact your credit score. its on thier bill pay site

when they ask you about your salary, lie a little, it will make you look more credit worthy
    (unless its a car loan and they want pay stubs)

3. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rigormortis @ May 6 2007, 05:18 AM) [snapback]436282[/snapback]</div>
    All good advice (except I can't ethically advise lying). Be careful of the companies hawking consolidation of your debts; there's a lot of unscrupulous people out there waiting to prey on the public.

One little known fact about the credit inquiries: in the case of shopping for a mortgage for a home purchase, you can have an unlimited amount of inquiries during a 45 day period, and it only counts as one inquiry. The hit on your credit is typically 5-10 points per inquiry.

4. verbiosa

verbiosa New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rigormortis @ May 6 2007, 04:18 AM) [snapback]436282[/snapback]</div>
    Overall, I think you got some pretty good advice, but if you wind up closing accounts that are old with a good history on them, you could really hurt your score. Creditboards http://www.creditboards.com has helped me improve my score dramatically just in the past year. Check 'em out. :)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    spam bot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.