1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to install accessories / gadgets in Mass?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Areometer, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Folks, if you're not very handy (neither am I) and you need some gadgets/stuff being installed professionally and inexpensively onto your Prius, may I recommend Auto Security Connection in West Newton, MA? I have known them for more than 10 years and they specialize in non-mechanical stuff like grounding cables, HID, window deflectors, invisible bra, PIAA wipers, fogs, XM & Sirius satellite radio, etc.

Their location is:

Auto Security Connection
    978 Watertown Street
    West Newton, MA 02165
    617-965-7311 - Attn: Eddie or Tommy

Please share with us your favorite local installers, too. The more the merrier.

Edward

2. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

Edward, Do they sell what they install ? How big is their selection ? Do they have a web site? :)

3. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi DisneyDad, they sell certain items but they don't have a good selection of accessories on hands. They don't mind if you bring the accessories with you & just have them performed the installation. They are not online.

What accessories are you thinking of getting?

Edward

4. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

If you saw the Prius taxi thread, there was a shot in the video that shows a black full frontal bra on the prius, it looked really nice, some mud guards on the tires would also be nice.

At this point I'm getting my baby around Dec 5, I'm a little apprehensive to ask Santa for more. :partytime:

5. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Front leather bra worries me. If you do a search on this forum, you will hear people worry about 2-tone color over time (after removal of bra), debris being accumulated underneath the bra, removal of bra before each wash, etc. I personally prefer the invisible bra which I have installed today (see my other post). Although I have to admit that the black bra can make a car look nice & cool.

I am thinking about the mud guards too, I just wish that it wouldn't decrease the MPG too much...

6. disneydad

disneydad Junior Member

my thoughts were to use it only for the winter, to protect against the salt and sand trucks. then off in the spring, winter sun should not create fading of the paint, the summer sun might.

as for the mud guards, i'll take the MPG loss vs. the paint damage.