1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to sell 2008 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dianevoa, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Dianevoa

Dianevoa New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I'm new to this forum and hoping for guidance. Have 2008 Prius, new 12v battery, loses power rapidly as not driving. Has been jumped and starts right up but needs to be driven regularly. 143K rust on bottom of side door panels, minor interior damage: pop up storage btw front seats fabric covering is missing. No antenna. CD player. Seats interior very good condition, owners never smoked, clean title. What can I get. Live in Brooklyn and want to sell asap.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Seats are in very good condition but they're missing the covering so you're sitting on bare foam The yellow stuff wild I don't know man Brooklyn New York been a long time sounds like a sub $1,000 car for parts etc no battery information you're saying it has to be driven every day or it loses charge and won't do right etc It's like anything else that doesn't run properly not a lot You could probably get $1,000 for it if it has its original cat still on it that's the catalytic converter but even that's getting to be a stretch It's a lot more hustle than it's worth

3. Dianevoa

Dianevoa New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi. So seats in perfect condition. There is a CD storage unit that lifts up btw front seats that had a fabric covering ehich is torn. No other damage at all. Very very good condition. I was driving it regularly and didn't lose power. Schedule has changed and don't drive often loses power. Jumped and drove 4 hours was good for a week without driving. Sorry if not clear. Paid 2700 two years ago and since has had 12v replaced and checked regularly no issues. Just needs to be driven. And does have rust bottom of both door panels.

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well you're in Brooklyn New York so I imagine everything up there is quite costly so you should do well on your Prius with or without fabric on the seats I don't know how they'd be in perfect condition with no fabric on the seat but that's not for me to worry with put it up for sale and see what people offer you for God's sake you have the whole internet at your disposal look at other cars in your area because of what I say is going to be of no consequence in New York I'm in North Carolina so that sort of thing does matter If I go looking at 2008 Prius is in Brooklyn New York on the trader I'll get an idea of what they're selling for everything in Brooklyn New York is rusted just as everything in Western Massachusetts is rusted or else it's not used or something I've lived in those places and own cars in those places and about 3 years is about it and then rocker panels under the doors all of that start to go to well you know then pretty soon your flintstoning it to work.

5. priusrust

priusrust Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ....likely dumb question: can you sell a prius on this forum, if so how? I press *shop* bar, and get nothing. thanks!!

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there is a 'cars for sale' forum on the main page

prius-cars-for-sale.144