1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where to splice

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Heines57, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Heines57

Heines57 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    After talking with Crutchfield techs, I decided to focus on my front speakers to enhance the audio. I like the interface with the Entune head unit and don't want to replace it. I picked out the amp and front component speaker set. I will probably splice existing wires instead of rewiring through the doors.

My question is where us the best place to splice? My amp will be located under front passenger seat with easy access to battery. I noticed that the C's lower console disassembles easily enough. I did find the wiring schematics on the forum and I think this is fairly doable if I can tap into your expertise. Any help would be appreciated.

2. SinisterSpatula

SinisterSpatula Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I would tap into the wires on the factory harness behind the head unit and extend the needed lines down behind that and under the front passenger plastic floor edge guard. It's easy to take off and put back.