1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where's JAYMAN?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarinJohn, Apr 7, 2006.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

One of our more interesting and intelligent posters has gone missing. Any clues?

2. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Apr 7 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]236359[/snapback]</div>
    business trip

3. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Apr 7 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]236359[/snapback]</div>
    I'm still here

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Apr 7 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]236359[/snapback]</div>
    I’ll make this short: I got in late last night, am very jetlagged, and think I’m developing a nasty cold. Or maybe I picked up Bird Flu … you never know. So I’m tired and cranky.

There was a dramatic change at work last month. I’m a contract worker for the engineering firm I’m currently with, and the third week in March was my renewal date. I’d heard rumors of some pretty significant changes as there are a lot of new projects in India and China, along with new tar sand and oilfield projects in Russia and Canada. However they’re reluctant to hire a lot of new faces.

I had anticipated another year contract with about the same terms and same responsibilities, including about 10% international travel. Instead they want a 2 year commitment, they’re offering a *lot* more base+ot, and the international travel will be more like 40-45%. In essence I’ll be doing 2 jobs.

So that means I’ll have a *lot* less free time. That also means I’ll be making very spotty appearances here, maybe only once a week or so, maybe less. I’ll probably limit myself to the Care and Maintenance forum for now.

John, I know I promised I would try to hook up with you when I was visiting with my Aunt and Uncle in Santa Rosa next month. Unfortunately I’ve had to move that visit to July. I’ll PM you when I have a firm date. Need a nap, talk to you later.

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well good fortune... nice to hear you in there Jayman...