1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Where's that pesky Toyota Registration Card?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bookrats, Nov 19, 2004.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Got my new Prius last week. (Huzzah!) And I have a question for you folks who have gotten yours already:

Where\'s the registration card you fill out and mail to Toyota?

I've looked through the manual and some of the paperwork in the glove compartment, but haven't found it. Is it in the warranty guide? I found a form to use when you move, or have bought the Prius used; but not one for when you buy your Prius new.

I may just not be looking in the right place. Also, is it possible the dealer mailed it in for me? I got mine from a dealer in another state through a broker -- had it shipped up here. Since I had sent them my address, etc., I thought the local dealer might have filled it out and mailed it for me.
    [hr:f83ee7a3ca]
    Due to insane scheduling and family trips (culminating in air travel during Thanksgiving :cry: ), I've barely had time to drive the car, much less do hands-on investigation. Did the Pick-up checklist myself -- everything was spot-on and there. (And the tire pressures were right.) But I thought I'd better check and make sure that Toyota knew about me and my Prius.

Opinions and personal experience greatly appreciated!

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There is no registration card.

Don't worry, Toyota receives the information directly from the dealer. I suspect that it is done electronically. Very soon, as in less than a couple of weeks, you will be getting several surveys in the mail inquiring about your satisfaction with the car, the purchase process and your selling dealer.

3. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

The temp license is also a temp registration. My real registration arrived in the mail with my real license yesterday... 4 weeks after picking up my car from the dealership. :)

4. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Much obliged for the information -- thank you!

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Glad to hear everything's going well with yours, Jeff. Can't wait to hear your report once things calm down a bit for you.

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny\";p=\"52128)</div>
    I'm literally writing down PriusChat topics that have occured to me in my Palm Pilot, every day. Planning to take 2-3 weeks off around Christmas, at which point I'll be doing a lot of catching up...