1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Angry Radish

Angry Radish Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A couple weeks or so ago I bought a used 2008 with 57000 miles on it.
    I had only driven my parent's gen3 once before so the whole hybrid thing was pretty new to me. I didn't know that the low-grade hum coming from the front end wasn't normal when I test drove the car so it wasn't until last week that I came to the conclusion that I had either a bad CV joint or a bad wheel bearing, not a great feeling after sinking so much money into my new car. I scraped together as much free cash as I had laying around and called the dealership nearby which actually turned out to be the one the original owner purchased it at and asked how much a wheel bearing change would cost me. They quoted 450 or so to do the work and I'm making a road-trip during the Easter break and won't have time to do it myself before then, so I bit the bullet and made the appointment, also letting them know I wanted the 2 recalls taken care of at the same time. I left work and went to the dealer to turn the car over to them and when they keyed in the VIN,etc.., I had the pleasant surprise of finding out I still had 2 weeks remaining on the powertrain warranty. Talk about great luck!
    I took the offered shuttle ride back to work and waited for the call.
    About 4 hours later they called saying my car was ready and asked if I wanted to be picked up (I declined, getting a ride from a coworker instead, but still, nice service!). They had checked both front bearings and found the driver's side bad, changed it, and had done the steering and inverter coolant recalls.
    Pulled the car around to me right away, freshly washed, and even gave me a bag of cookies for my business: -)

Quite satisfied with the service there, and now I don't feel so bad about having purchased a car with a potentially expensive fault I missed on test drive.

JimboPalmer likes this.
  2. MashinA

MashinA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    your name should be happy radish!

3. Angry Radish

Angry Radish Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Heading back today, when they did the steering shaft recall, my steering wheel ended up being off to the right 5 degrees or so and it's bugging the hell out of me, it's all I can see now that I noticed :)
    Maybe I'll get some more cookies.