1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which Barcelona Red from Duplicolor?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Galane, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Galane

Galane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Would I need EBTY16187 Barcelona Red Metallic or BTY1618 Barcelona Red Mica for a 2009 Prius?

The paint code is 3r3. paintscratch.com says it's Barcelona Red Mica Metallic. Nice, let's mix things up to make them less clear.

I already have a couple of cans of the Duplicolor perfect match clear. Most of the time their paints have matched very closely to absolutely perfect. Fixed a spot on a late 90's Cadillac fender (some sort of red) and the repair was invisible.

I need to do the top of the spoiler and the tops of the rear door handles. For the handles I plan on sanding the whole handle, feathering the original clear, then spraying the faded color on top followed by clear on the whole handle. How much of a PITA is it to remove the door handles?

For the spoiler I'll sand the top and feather the clear along the top rear edge. Should be able to spray the clear on and overlap the original, same as on that Caddy fender.

Oddest clear coat going bad and paint fading I've seen. The spoiler looks like someone really went to town on it with a buffer and went all the way through the clear and paint on top. How would only the rear door handles be affected while no other place has bad clear coat and fading color coat?