1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

which brand of D2R HID is best?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by joe350gt, Mar 31, 2012.

1. joe350gt

joe350gt It's too windy here...

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good morning all!!
    My 2005 has the blinkie winkie passenger side headlight issue. I would like to replace it with a good bulb once, not spend money twice and replace it twice. Which brand bulb and buying source have you had good luck with? My driver side hasn't exhibited the problem yet but maybe a 2 pack would be a smart buy as well? Just trying to avoid buying cheap imitations!

Can't complain about a thing with this car, I'm at 260K and it's still a rollin'!!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions,

Joe

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    that's a great price, but aren't there a lot of fakes out there? how can you tell if its real?

aren't we glad we have the d2r and not the d4r, both my 04 and 05 are both on original bulbs, no problem whatsoever.

4. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I would buy the cheapest on ebay as low as $10 each, even if it does not last as long as the name brand which cost 4 times as much. Just buy two for insurance and you still save money.
    I bought the hid kit from ebay, the bulbs still works after 5 years.

5. Priusfromevil

Priusfromevil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just bought and replaced both headlights last week from Amazon. Took two hours but I cleaned up the engine bay a bit since you need to remove a few pieces to get at it. Cost for two bulbs: $100.
    Youtube has all the instruction you need.

Works like a charm! Not to mention Ed Morse (local dealer) wanted $600 to do both!