1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Which car company pollutes the most per customer?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Tideland Prius, May 23, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you measured the amount of emissions sent into the air by its products this year, which Canadian car company do you think would be the worst polluter per customer?

The answer is -- Honda Canada.

Okay, you're thinking that Honda Canada can't be the right answer to that because they're widely known as being a leader in engine design, particularly with regard to getting the most power from the gasoline and creating the least waste as emissions, or that it was some sort of trick question.

Well, if that's you're response, then the trick is that you're not thinking at all. By that I mean that you are following the incredibly obtuse attitude to the problem of engine emissions that's prevalent in society today and restricting your concern to new automobiles. We need to be viewing the problem from a wider perspective.

If you can be bothered to read the rest, here it is.

"...Now, this is not an attack on Honda Canada for selling products with engines that pollute a lot more than its vehicles do, though I bet the folks at Honda Canada think it is..."

then what's the point of this article? Wouldn't you be concentrating on aeroplane and commerical truck pollution since they're running almost 24/7?

2. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    I'll agree on his last point: MORE electrics, please. I bought a cordless battery electric lawn-mower last year to complement our 2 Prii. I use a corded electric grass trimmer. The rest of the neighborhood is using gas mowers, trimmers and blowers. What is wrong with a broom? gas blowers, that's exactly what THEY are, ha, ha.

Cheers,

Curt.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

malorn was right. All 'smoke and mirrors'.

:ph34r: